OES teddy bear head- pictures anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OES teddy bear head- pictures anyone?

I'm grooming an old english next week that I've been grooming for 6 months now. He always gets done with a #1 comb, but his head is left full. The last time I was there the side of his face was very matted. I did brush it out, but discussed with the owner doing something shorter like a teddy bear head. Does anyone have pictures they could share of an OES with a short head? I'd also appreciate it if you could share how you got there (what comb, or just hand scissoring). I've never done one like that before and it seems very intimidating to me. His head is so gosh darn big! Oh, and his name is Teddy Bear, so a Teddy bear head would be the thing. lol!
    don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Funny that you should bring this subject up...One of the level 3 gals yesterday did an OES scissored to prefection with a lovely TB head! (won the class)
    Yes I got pictures, but not sure how to shrink it down...will give it a try..
    Nope...can't get the photos re-sized small enough at the moment, I'll work on it.

Comment

maybe you could e-mail it to me? I would love to see it.
      don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

You want a shorter head? How about using a comb attachment? Like maybe a C. That way it is still fuller than the body, but not tooo big.
        Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

I groom one and I use a 1 1/2 comb on the body and a C comb on the leg and an E comb to skim the side of the head, but not on the top. I believe a C comb might be too short if they want it full. I don't know how to get pics on the computer. Sorry.

Comment

I groomed one a lot like a Wheaton. The mom wanted a fall. It was surprisingly cute.

Comment

Working...
            X