Valentine's Day Coloring .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valentine's Day Coloring .....

So I'm going to try & do my mini poodle red & pink for valentine's day, and also do red hearts on my jack russell/beagle mix. I have never done this before and i'm a little nervous .... but it's just hair, right?! haha :-/

I'm going to get some blow pens and also try the kool aid. How exactly do you apply the kool aid & how long does it need to sit for? any other suggestions are appreciated!

-sheila

there are several threads on this subject buried on the new board here...look for them..lots of info!!!!

Comment

I've only used blo pens and childrens chalk for coloring, so I can't give you advice about the kool-aid. I just wanted to say, have fun and go crazy!
      don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

I dont know about blo pens

Hello, I have a post with a pic in the critique my groom section there you can see the design I tried. It is very difficult to get the lines really crisp and you need to do alot of blowing to get vibrant colour. What I have been working with lately is halloween spray hair colour this is readily available in canada so i am sure you could find this in the US, cover hair quickly allow to dry for a couple minutes. Next time I do my poodle or cat again i can post the pic. Make sure the product says non-toxic before you buy.

Comment

The bad thing about the hair spray color is that it rubs off on your carpet furniture etc. I have seen the foot pumps for the blow pens on ebay. that should keep you from passing out.
          If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I've been practicing on my cat. Haven't tried the coolaid yet, I'm using food coloring. Hes now the prettiest cat in the neighborhood I put a heart on him using qtips.lol..Im heading to Michaels today to try blow pens. Lisa mentioned stencils used w/blo pens for crisper lines. Do a search from the pulldown menu, on coloring, you'll find the other posts.

Comment

Manic Panic does a nice job. Here is a dog I dyed blue right after I bathed/dried him.

Tammy in Utah
              Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
                Manic Panic does a nice job. Here is a dog I dyed blue right after I bathed/dried him.

Tammy in Utah
                That is strange, I know I attached the photo, but I'll try again. Ok, tried it again and it wouldn't let me attach a photo I've attached elsewhere. Weird. I had attached it in a previous thread so it wont allow me to share it again. SO I'll share another one. Here it is:
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi do you use the gel or creme when you use manic panic I have never used this product before I've only used koolaid but in the pictures the manic panic color looks deeper and brighter

Comment

I believe it was the cream, as it was in a small tub-like jar. It went a long ways, too!

This particular dog took the color pretty darn well, and he is my coworkers dog, we were just goofing around to see if it worked, so no special style or blow dry even, just a 'quickie', But this gives you an idea of what manic panic can do!

Tammy in Utah

Comment

thank you I can't wait to try it on my bichon!!

Comment

Working...
                      X