Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoping for feedback about RV washer/dryer combos

Hi,

I'm found a washer dryer combination unit at an RV store online. It's just one machine and the best part, non-vented! That SEEMS like just what I need. I've been using a laundry service for a few years now. My back has LOVED the break from dragging towels home every night, but I'm working alone now and the service is a luxury that must go.

Has anyone seen/used one of these units? I found it at rvshop.com under the appliance tab. How cool it would be to FINALY be able to do towels in my tiny 340 sqft shop! I'd like to know how well they work, do they take forever to do a load, are they loud etc. I'm thinking I'd get some of the yellow magnet type towels so they'd dry faster. The unit is pricey, but compared to the cost of the service and the higher water/elect at home...

Thanks in advance!
    Mary <><

I just do my towels at home. I would love to have a laundry service for our clothes. I hate doing wash. I personally would rather save my money and take them home.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Originally posted by Sis View Post
      Hi,

I'm found a washer dryer combination unit at an RV store online. It's just one machine and the best part, non-vented! That SEEMS like just what I need. I've been using a laundry service for a few years now. My back has LOVED the break from dragging towels home every night, but I'm working alone now and the service is a luxury that must go.

Has anyone seen/used one of these units? I found it at rvshop.com under the appliance tab. How cool it would be to FINALY be able to do towels in my tiny 340 sqft shop! I'd like to know how well they work, do they take forever to do a load, are they loud etc. I'm thinking I'd get some of the yellow magnet type towels so they'd dry faster. The unit is pricey, but compared to the cost of the service and the higher water/elect at home...

Thanks in advance!
      Mary <><
      I didn't find an appliance tab? That concept would be great to use in a shop..I hate taking them to the laundry..Im not putn those things in my washer at home..eww all the hair and god knows what! LOL

Comment

For a while I dragged my towels and bedding (I also have a kennel) to the laundry matt. This was sooooo aggrivating and time consuming. I always took Clorox Cleanups w/me to wipe the washers down, but I always felt guilty washing "dog towels" at a public washerette. Anyway, I finally got another washer/dryer set and I will NEVER go back to having to use the laundry matt for any length of time. Does this washer / dryer set you are looking at have a warranty? If so, and you are not happy you could always return it. I say go for it!!! Surely it can't be anymore expensive in the long run than using a Laundry Service (I need one of those for home....lol). I was spending 10 to 20 $ a day at the matt. Do the math, it adds up quick!!!
        SheilaB from SC

Comment

Washer

Originally posted by hairdevil View Post
          I didn't find an appliance tab? That concept would be great to use in a shop..I hate taking them to the laundry..Im not putn those things in my washer at home..eww all the hair and god knows what! LOL

Sorry about that. From the main page, click the RV parts to the left and then scroll down to find the appliance link.

LOL! I try really hard to not think about what I'm washing! Lots of bleach and hot water helps!

Thanks everyone for the replys. A full nights sleep and it occured to me to compare the capacity to a regular full size washer. I don't want to end up doing twenty loads a day because it's super tiny. It's just really appealing to have just one machine AND that it's not vented. Have no clue how that would work either. I'll keep investigating and will post what I find. I'm SO dreading hauling baskets of wet towels around again. Sigh, of course, if I ever find employes again, I could keep the service!

Have a great weekend,
          Mary <><

Comment

I should have known....

Hi again. Well, we found the catch. The washer/dryer combos do tiny tiny loads. Like three bath towel size loads! The use and care info I read said it takes about 110 min to wash/dry a load. Sigh. Guess I'm haulin em home!

Mary <><

Comment

Hi Mary, I can relate to your dilemma! At the last shop I worked at, we all took turns taking the towels home becuase their simply was NO room for a waher/dryer. We looked into the stacked ones too, but we didn't have room for even that. We did find some stacked ones though, that did fairly large loads - not normal washer size, but close. I'm thankful at my own shop, I have a 2nd hand washer & dryer set. It's a blessing! Before I bought this set, I was running the towels in the house to wash/dry them...Ugh...It did bother me. I would pull out all kinds of hair and other unrecognizable things from the traps and I could hardly make myself throw our clothes in there then after. Although, I'd still probably choose this alternative over a laundry service, I'm too much of a tight wad. Hope you can come up with a solution - got my fingers crossed for ya!

Comment

Working...
              X