• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite breed to...

Let's take a poll!

My favorite breed to groom is...
    My least favorite breed to groom is...
    The easiest breed for me to groom is...
    The most difficult breed for me to groom is...

Let's go w/easiest first. Short haired chi's.
    Most difficult. Saint Bernard
    Favorite, I'd have to say ST Poodles.
    Least favorite is the Golden Retriever.

Comment

Lets see ---

The easiest is obviously anything shorthaired (no haircut involved)
      My favorite is probably airedales & poodles
      My least favorite is cockers
      and the most difficult for me I think is samoyeds. To me they have the hardest coat to brush out and some chows too.

Comment

My favorite breed to groom is....As far as looks, un matted, cooperative St Poos, long legged Terriers and Scotties.

My least favorite breed to groom is...Silky Terriers (ones I have done always have an attitude problem) and Wheatons..always matted and owners want them long.

The easiest breed for me to groom is... Hairless breeds

The most difficult breed for me to groom is...No one breed in particular. Anything that bites and doesn't hold still.

Comment

Originally posted by ssrinc5 View Post
          Let's take a poll!

My favorite breed to groom is...
          My least favorite breed to groom is...
          The easiest breed for me to groom is...
          The most difficult breed for me to groom is...
          hmm...let's see...
          favorite-shihtzus, preferably shorter cuts, and poms and their mixes
          least fave-cockers, big double-coated hairys
          easiest-short haired? lol
          most difficult-cockers, no I guess not, lol, big double-coated hairys!
          Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

how about those easiest to bathe and dry dogs?
            since im a bather lets see...
            fav. dogs to bathe-anything wirecoated,poo's,bichons,shih tzu's (they are so easy to dry for some reason!),shorthaired dogs, those cooperative thin coated goldens, and of course those lil sweetie yorkies and chis!
            least fave dogs to bathe-huskys,collies, pyrs cuz theyre so big LOL!, anything double coated...and yes those big fat goldens that have such a thick coat and cockers...i HATE bathing and drying cockers!
            and we seem to have the most bratty,snottiest, pita shih tzus in town! about 80 percent of them are a huge PITA to groom for my boss (about half the labs are pita too lol), but we do get the occasional 20 percent of shih's that are perfect little angels or at least cooperate lol!
            Hound
            ps. HOW do you get the little picture icons in the message????

Comment

Dogs Fav and least

I like Shsi Tzus ,Schnauzers terriers. Easiest is Tyson the cute short haired ( like to play with my snap- on combs) chihuahua(too much $ for him)Least fav any matted cocker or matted biter,No big double coated dogs.

Comment

I would have to say that my favs are poodles
                Least fav would be cockers
                Easiest for me would be schnauzers & shih tzu
                Most difficult would be any breed that is a biter,a lazy one ,or just plain onery!!

Comment

My favorite are Yorkies and Shih tzu. I'm not sure why, other then they usually have a great temperament and are easy.

My least favorite..... probably Cockers. But I have a few Standard poodles that come to my shop I'm not crazy about grooming. Mostly because the owners always say "I want them left long" but they don't bother to brush the dogs in between grooms, which is usually 3 to 4 months.

Easiest is small short haired bath & n/t. I call em easy money dogs.

Most difficult. Hmmmm.... I'm going to have to say Lakelands. I'm not sure why I have such a hard time with Lakelands. They must look ok, because the owners keep returning, but I'm just not confident when it comes to that breed.

Comment

Favorite: Yorkies
                    Least Favorite: Over-due-for-their-groom double coated dogs.

Easiest: Yorkies
                    Most difficult: Chow Chows, that is why I no longer do them.

Tammy in Utah
                    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Favorite: Airedales
                      Least Favorite: Cockers
                      Easiest: Long haired dachshunds (I don't consider smooth breeds grooms. They're just bath dogs)
                      Most difficult: Cockers

Comment

Edited.
                        Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-25-07, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HoundLover View Post
                          click "FAQ" -- which is at the top of this page -- to get instructions.

Comment

only 80 percent?

Originally posted by HoundLover View Post
                            how about those easiest to bathe and dry dogs?
                            since im a bather lets see...
                            fav. dogs to bathe-anything wirecoated,poo's,bichons,shih tzu's (they are so easy to dry for some reason!),shorthaired dogs, those cooperative thin coated goldens, and of course those lil sweetie yorkies and chis!
                            least fave dogs to bathe-huskys,collies, pyrs cuz theyre so big LOL!, anything double coated...and yes those big fat goldens that have such a thick coat and cockers...i HATE bathing and drying cockers!
                            and we seem to have the most bratty,snottiest, pita shih tzus in town! about 80 percent of them are a huge PITA to groom for my boss (about half the labs are pita too lol), but we do get the occasional 20 percent of shih's that are perfect little angels or at least cooperate lol!
                            Hound
                            i do about 6 different shitzus..and everyone is a PITA>>>>they lay down...cry, bite....turn the opposite way i want them to...they jump for no apparent reason...is it something genetic? i'm serious....

Comment

Originally posted by socalkevin View Post
                              i do about 6 different shitzus..and everyone is a PITA>>>>they lay down...cry, bite....turn the opposite way i want them to...they jump for no apparent reason...is it something genetic? i'm serious....
                              It's probably a combination of local population and owners who spoil. I do a ton of Tzus, and most of them are little dolls. I have maybe two old crabby babies, the rest are very sweet, don't fuss, cry, or try to bite, even for nails.

Comment

Working...
                              X