Biewer Yorkies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biewer Yorkies

Customer calls, wants to set up an appointment for her special Yorkies. Do I know what kind of Yorkies these are and can I groom short? She tellls me they are black and white dogs and she wants them short and cute. She sounds like one of those customers you don't want. But of course I will take her and hopefully understand what her short means. Thinking a 4 over the body, scissor legs, short skirt or no skirt, short yorkie head. She says, do you understand these are special bl & wh ones. OKAY.

Huh? Black and white Yorkies?
    SheilaB from SC

Comment

I've heard of them, but have never seen one. They are just regular Yorkies, sorta. Some time ago in Germany (I think) a particular gene recessed and the puppies came out with white markings. They were still registrable. Some Lady, (a high up woman) decided that she loved the look of this breed so she did a severe selecting process to keep this trait going and they ended up being black and white. They do have some tan markings around the head I believe. So far there are no known medical problems.
      Becky

Comment

I've never heard of Biewer Yorkie before. Maybe when you do them you could take a picture.

Comment

Haven't heard or seen this type of Yorkie, but there is a lot that I haven't heard or seen.

Please post a pic when you get them in. Good luck to you. I'm not sure if I would want to groom for this lady either.
          "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
          Diane

Comment

I've groomed them, they are cute!

Comment

Here is a pic
              Attached Files

Comment

I need help posting pictures. I'm very slow at learning this computer stuff. Is there a thread on here that tells me what to do?

Comment

Oh my! I love it, I like anything out of the ordinary.

Comment

They actually have Biewer shows in the US and Canada now, they are gaining popularity. They are also working on getting the Biewer yorkshire terrier acctepted into the AKC rarity group (I am a yorkie fanatic...). It is caused by a genetic mutation, wildy popular in Germany, where they originated.

Comment

Originally posted by shrek View Post
                      Customer calls, wants to set up an appointment for her special Yorkies. Do I know what kind of Yorkies these are and can I groom short? She tellls me they are black and white dogs and she wants them short and cute. She sounds like one of those customers you don't want. But of course I will take her and hopefully understand what her short means. Thinking a 4 over the body, scissor legs, short skirt or no skirt, short yorkie head. She says, do you understand these are special bl & wh ones. OKAY.
                      Shrek, it will make a difference once you know what type of coat they have. "Special" or not, they may have a thin silky coat, or a cottony fluffy one, and this will make a difference in the cut. If it's a silky, flat, thin coat, a #4 may look very choppy, and the legs huge.

I would play it by ear. I do like the Westie heads, however. Maybe try that one. Good luck.

I have a hard time with customers like these, they want you to think their dogs are "better" than other dogs, when in reality it's like what others said, a mutation. Maybe you can tell her that her dogs are MUTANTS, LOLOLOL...just teasin'.

Tammy in Utah
                      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

heres one

found this on google image
                        Attached Files

Comment

Wow, I actually love it. I think they look so cute. I think yorkies are cute anyways, but I like the black and white, it really does look different!! As long as there are no health problems and no inbreeding is occuring, I think they are ok.

Comment

Nice groom Baddog.

Shrek- waiting patiently to see your pictures!

Comment

Edited.
                              Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-25-07, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X