"Lamb Clip"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Lamb Clip"

The other day I got to work and one of the grooms was already there, the owner had written her instructions down on a card which the receptionist put in the folder with her file. I was reading, round pom, v-neck topknot, clean face and feet, lamb clip, follow the pattern. Ok, no problem.

I get the dog out and look at it...Hmm This isn't a lamb clip. lol If anything it was a dutch clip or something similar with a wider band. (sorry I'm not familiar with the fancier clips)

Thank goodness she said follow the pattern because I think she would've had a fit if I did a lamb clip! I'm kicking myself for forgetting my camera that day because I worked on the angulation which I never get to do, if/when she comes back I'll take pics. It looked like the last groomer had tried to make columns out of the rear legs, there was no definition there at all. Hopefully she returns, I think she must be an every 2-3 week client because I used a 30 blade and hardly got any hair off except for where I was straightening the pattern out a bit.

It sure sounds like you did the right thing when you "followed" the pattern! She would have really been very unhappy if you had done a "lamb" clip.
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

Comment

I've gotten something sort of like that before. The husband brings in a Springer and says they want a Springer cut. The dog was the same length all over. Then he hands me the instructions from his wife. At the top of the paper it says Springer Cut. (the show style, not the field cut). So I starting thinking, "Ok, these people know what they're talking about." I continued reading. She wanted the back about an inch long and the legs 1/4". Then it repeated, the legs are to be shorter than the body. Then the normal cut with the head and ears. Then at the bottom of the paper it said that they wanted to dog to look like a show dog. LOL.. I did how the instructions said to. Short legs and long back. They were thrilled. I wonder what show dog they saw that looked like that.
      Becky

Comment

The biggest problem I have is clients who say they want a 'puppy cut'. For some reason around here, a 'puppy cut' means buzz the dog down all over with a 7 blade. It confuses the daylights out of me. Only 'puppy' the cut resembles is a newborn!

I've also seen the clip you describe as a 'lamb cut'. I know several groomers who leave drastic length differences between body and leg, barely even scissoring it in at all, and calling it a lamb cut. Only thing that sounds correct on that dog would be the V topknot, which few groomers I know are even aware of. I won't even get into what's done to a Bichon... but can tell you it resembles a basketball on their head. Oh yes, then there's the lion clip.... or as I refer to it.. the 'Sunflower' look. Other dogs laugh at them, I'm sure... and I swear I've never seen a lion look that way....

Comment

O Man Becky that is so funny, show clip huh? LOL. How did that work? I couldn't imagine clipping body with 1 inch and 1/4 on legs, And they liked that. I had a client that thought her poodle was in a town and country and it was in a dutch, so either the groomer didn't know how to do the clip or the owner didn't know what it was called. I showed her pic of both clips and she wanted the T&C.
          One time a hairy poodle came in and they looked at all the pics of patterns, and they finally settled on the European trim n pointed to it in the book. WOOHOO my favorite trim. Well all day into this trim and demating this dog, And they come to early to pic up the dog is on my table hour and half into scissoring, and they say is she going to take more off the body? I am confused the are complaining that I am doing the wrong hair cut, they say they wanted the lamb clip when I show them the pics, which is not even on the same page as the other clips. How in the world? I was so mad I had to do a #7 down my pretty, scissored coat. Is there no humanity? But alas they were happy. #7 lamb

Comment

Originally posted by Raggs View Post
            I've gotten something sort of like that before. The husband brings in a Springer and says they want a Springer cut. The dog was the same length all over. Then he hands me the instructions from his wife. At the top of the paper it says Springer Cut. (the show style, not the field cut). So I starting thinking, "Ok, these people know what they're talking about." I continued reading. She wanted the back about an inch long and the legs 1/4". Then it repeated, the legs are to be shorter than the body. Then the normal cut with the head and ears. Then at the bottom of the paper it said that they wanted to dog to look like a show dog. LOL.. I did how the instructions said to. Short legs and long back. They were thrilled. I wonder what show dog they saw that looked like that.
            Becky, I call that the "Ottoman" clip---furry on top, bare legs! Just like a foot stool/ottoman!

Tammy in Utah
            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

At the shop I was at one of the groomers was killing her self laughing. I older couple (70's) brought in their dog and a picture of a show Bichon...the dog was Maltese/cocker!!! LOL They figure that both dogs were white that magic could be done.
              She did her best, but it was what you would call "a LITTLE flat", lol, but they were thrilled to pieces.

Comment

I would love to see a picture of that cut on the springer it sounds interesting. My goodness poodle puff what do you charge when you spend most of your day on one dog? I don't feel like I would ever know that cause it seems like most salons you work at are more concerned with quantity. Short easy and fast cuts.

Comment

Edited.
                  Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-25-07, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X