Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long hard day. That ended with a happy note.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long hard day. That ended with a happy note.

Well yesterday I went into work early and started to groom around 7:30. I had already woken up stressed, it was a restless night and my baby kept waking up every hour. There were 8 appointments. 2 cats, 5 dogs and a rabbit. Well I got the 2 cats done and 2 of the dogs, then my boss tells me I have 2 more dogs that had an appointment but weren't on the schedule. (oh I hate when that happens) So I ended up having 2 cats 7 dogs and a rabbit. The 2 cats had been groomed before but had never been bathed. They were no trouble though. Ragdolls. The first 2 dogs were completely psycho and freaked with the bath and dryer. The rest of the dogs were fine for the bath. But 3 of them were matted and the owner refused to shave them so I had to demat. Other than that the other dogs went smoothly. Then I ended up getting another dog in and bathed him. Didn't mind that to much because I GOT THE DOG. He's my new baby. 235 pounds of fat and drool. A 4 year old English Mastiff. The guy I got him from works construction and brings his dogs out with him. Well where he lives it gets to 20 below 0. The Mastiff can't take the cold. The guy he got him from also worked construction but he got jobs out of town and left the dog with friends. They kept him in a kennel all day and kept feeding him. He was over 400 pounds when the guy I got him from got him. It's been a long diet. He still has some more to lose. But I love him, he's the biggest baby.
    Last edited by Raggs; 02-08-07, 11:55 AM. Reason: added pics
    Becky

Glad your day turned out good for you.
    I'm just wondering if I read this right? You did say YOU got a new dog? An English Mastiff?
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

Comment

Long hard day

Any chance we can see a picture of theat "big baby" :}

Comment

yes, I am also wondering if you meant that you "adopted" the mastiff? I think that they are such loving and loyal dogs. You had quite a day!

Comment

Yep I got an English Mastiff. He is such a sweetheart....He's staying at my dad's for this month until I get moved into a house. I'm going back over their tonight and I will bring the camera with me and take some pics. I'll post them ASAP. He was so excited to see me when I got there after work. He loves his belly rubs....
          Becky

Comment

congrats
            i would love to see pics,seems like the man loved him enough to do whats best for him,i took my foster dog to the shelter today(keep fingers crossed she gets adopted)if not i will take her,but they had a neopolitan mastiff named hercules only 2 yrs old,boy hes a looker i wish i could bring him home i love big dogs

Comment

Ahh. I have wanted an English Mastiff for so long. Until I found the American mastiff. They don't drool. I am in love. But, with diamienono being so ill we don't want to get another dog. Diamie is nearing the end. The urination is getting out of control and the meds just are not working anymore. She is steadily losing weight. You can see her spine and ribs. She still eats like a horse for the most part, but can't keep the weight on. We know our time with her is limited. We were talking today about how long we can keep cleaning our carpet on a daily basis sometimes 3-4 times a day. We also decided to wait at least a year after to get another dog.
              If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

My big boy...

Here he is... One head on and the other from the side. He still has some weight to lose. He's such a sweetie...
                Attached Files
                Becky

Comment

oh he looks like a gentle giant,im so happy 4 u

Comment

Well he sure is a handsome guy. Hope you get your house soon. I wouldn't want to be away from my doggie family for very long, and a month sounds so long when you want your 'whole' family together.

Good luck with him.
                    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                    Diane

Comment

I just found this on an American Mastiff website.. I thought it was cute... At least the last sentence...

"Mastiffs do not need excessive amounts of exercise. They actually do better with less. If you want to exercise get a lab."
                      Becky

Comment

Raggs, he's sooooo cute!!!! Congrats!!!

I love big dogs but I will probably not own any more big ones. I'll live vicariously through you big dog owners on the message board.

Thanks for sharing the photos!

Comment

Edited.
                          Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-25-07, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggs View Post
                            I just found this on an American Mastiff website.. I thought it was cute... At least the last sentence...

"Mastiffs do not need excessive amounts of exercise. They actually do better with less. If you want to exercise get a lab."
                            Raggs, there may be some truth to that, lol. On the old boards, somebody told a story of a mastiff owner who left their dog with a friend to "dog sit" for a few days. The sitter's friend wanted to take this dog out for a jog (no doubt he wanted to look "cool" with this huge dog running along side him).

The dog dropped dead right there on the pavement. It was a sad story.

So maybe if you exercise him, work him into it, lol.

Tammy in Utah
                            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

That dog looks a lot like my boyfriend. He's doesn't like exercise either lol. Sooo adorable! The dog and my boyfriend lol

Comment

Working...
                              X