10 week old labradoodles ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 week old labradoodles ready

Client of mine now has 10 week old Labradoodle puppies, ready to ship. selling for ...get this...$2500/each!!! She has already sold several. Shipping them all over the country! I was shocked. These she said were 3rd generation.. I'm still shocked.

(Edited: you cannot sell what you are making on the board)

2500? geezzzz

Amazing.

$2500 for what I consider to be...... a mutt.

I groomed a Labradoodle last week and the owner told me her breeder told her it was a "low maint. dog". I think her breeder might have been a little bit brain damaged.

Comment

Edited.
      Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-25-07, 04:47 PM.

Comment

The price of dogs has gone up crazy all over the place. My mom had to say goodbye to her doggy this past summer and has been casually (she isnt quite ready yet) looking around at dogs. She cant believe the prices. 2k and up for not even breeder quality puppies. Its a little sad because its getting to the point where normal everyday people who have a favorite breed will be unable to afford to get one.

Good for rescue dogs though I guess but rescue dogs these days are going for the price of purebreds a few yrs ago. Even they are crazy expensive!

Comment

talk about steep.....but hey, as already mentioned, people are willing to pay that much. What is sad is that they are paying that for a mutt, when they could get a dog that really needs a home, for a fraction of that cost from a shelter or rescue organization, IMO.

Comment

It's been really interesting following the Doodles. Despite criticism these mixes still seem to remain popular. As Pamperedpups said, if pet owners are willing to pay that much for a pet they'll most likely value it.

Comment

Originally posted by pamperedpups View Post
              LOL Well, I suppose if people are willing to pay that much for a dog, they'll probably at least value it. It's amazing, isn't it?

Scrub- Depending upon the coat type, some doodles can actually be fairly low maintenance. I'm not saying you're wrong about the breeder, just pointing something out about the uhm, "breed." LOL
              I agree.. theres a "Labradoodle" pup that I clip the nails for.. she is very short coated - like a yellow lab... She actually looks like a Daschund with long legs?? She's very sweet though... I don't think that is what the owners thought she was going to look like though!

Comment

Originally posted by lillysmom View Post
                I agree.. theres a "Labradoodle" pup that I clip the nails for.. she is very short coated - like a yellow lab... She actually looks like a Daschund with long legs?? She's very sweet though... I don't think that is what the owners thought she was going to look like though!
                That's outrageous. I know that show quality Danes and other large breeds go for thousands but a mutt? That's highway robbery. If we all start breeding a couple dogs we get out of the shelter and give them a fancy name we can make more doing **** like that, then we can grooming. Geez.... It's amazing what some people will pay.

And someone else said it, about rescues going for the same price as purebred pups. There are a couple rescues around me that sell a purebred dog, no matter the age for the price they would normally be from a breeder at 8 weeks old. Plus the HS has a "vip" dog listing that sells for no less than $150. Those are the purebred dogs.

I can't see paying that much just to get a dog, but I can see paying anything to keep a dog around that I love. I spent hundreds of dollars on my Lhasa at the vet to get her teeth fixed, and to find out what she was allergic to.
                Becky

Comment

We had a customer at the store I used to work at that has a Labradoodle. Great dog, her name is Shelia because he actually imported her from Australia.

Lisa

Comment

Originally posted by pamperedpups View Post
                    LOL Well, I suppose if people are willing to pay that much for a dog, they'll probably at least value it. It's amazing, isn't it?

Scrub- Depending upon the coat type, some doodles can actually be fairly low maintenance. I'm not saying you're wrong about the breeder, just pointing something out about the uhm, "breed." LOL
                    And that's just it. Since they are mixed breeds, you might get a low-maintenance one, you might not. I say, "___ Doodles are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

Tammy in Utah
                    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Why aren't these people asking why is it that the "breed" is so expensive. At least when I ask my standard poodle breeder why her dogs are $1500 she says because the stud fee is $1000, the OFA certification is $250, The mother and father are both Champions, which cost $6k to $10K to finish as Champions, They are genetically clear of this that and the other because she has had the testing done to guarantee it so. Tails docked on puppies by vet, vaccines. makes her price look like a bargain. what do Doodle breeders pay for, besides vaccines? So IMO their puppies should be $100.

Comment

At least when you pay an adoption fee to a rescue organization, even if it's on the higher side, you know it is going toward caring for all of their homeless pets. I would feel fine about paying $1000 to adopt a shelter dog because that money will go far in providing food and medical care to other shelter dogs. These doodle people are crazy if they are charging, and getting, $2500 for these dogs...it's very sad.

Comment

i have two different clients that just adopted their labradoodle from the local S.P.C.A.(they were litter mates), they were surrendered cuz the owner said they got too big...i also have a customer that paid almost the same price for a cock-a-porta-poodie.(cocker/portegese water dog/standard) sadley enough it seems they are mixing 3 breeds...i have a few friends that work at the shelter and they are equally annoyed with these 'greedy' so called breeders as most of us are. as i have said before, these 'breeders' should have to tatoo the pups and when one ends up at the pound they should have to pay a $10,000.00 fine.
                          Last edited by elliemae; 02-08-07, 06:59 PM. Reason: looked like i said ten dollars instead of ten thousand!

Comment

Originally posted by elliemae View Post
                            as i have said before, these 'breeders' should have to tatoo the pups and when one ends up at the pound they should have to pay a $10.000. fine.
                            i actually think that's a great idea - maybe microchipping? for all breeders ... or to sell puppies in the paper... anywhere - it would hold someone responsible for animals that are brought to the shelter, and discourage people from breeding. never thought of that .....

as for rescues charging more .... i've noticed that too, but realistically if they charge a few $100 for a dog they still are making little to no money caring for the dog. and this also weeds out those who go looking for a cheap dog impulsively. (SOMETIMES)

-sheila

Comment

You know...

Edited.
                              Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-25-07, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X