Cameras Instead of Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cameras Instead of Windows

In another thread that's now been closed, some were discussing having windows where clients can watch their dogs being groomed. A friend of mine wanted to give her clients that same peace of mind, but installing a window wasn't an option due to the layout of her salon.
    Instead, she bought a security camera and monitor at Sam's Club. She installed the camera in her grooming area and the monitor in her reception area. Now, clients can watch their dogs being groomed on the monitor without the dogs even knowing the owners are watching them. I thought it was a pretty neat idea so just wanted to share in case it might be a good solution for others too.
    Sheri

That is a neat idea. Much nicer for the groomer and the owner can still watch what is going on with their pet.
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

Comment

Hey, that's a real niffy idea. I seen those monitors at Sam's Club just the other day.

Comment

Neat idea.
        I've also seen some groomers websites that have live cams set up in their grooming area. I think that's pretty neat too. Owner can go home and watch their dog getting groomed on their computer.

Comment

That is a neat idea, at the place i worked at before they had a web cam on me. You can check it out if you want to PM me I can give you the website address, it is public, you don't have to have a password. But I don't know if it is ok to list the company name on here. But no one ever used it hardly, I had one client tell me she watched me groom her dog the way the dog was thrashing around on the table I was glad she finally got to see what a handful he was lol. She told me when she paicked up sorry he gave you a hard time today! I laughed oh thats Ok it's my job.

Comment

Edited.
            Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-25-07, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Poodlefluff, I hope she gave you a nice tip!!! Yes, that's a great idea. Puppy Cam!
              Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

I suggested the use of a wesite video cam in grooming shops in another thread. That way clients could check on their pets in the grooming shop or just see the daily activities of the grooming shop. I thought of it because I had seen human preschools using this technology. I feel that this would be a great way to promote a grooming salon and a strong selling point as well.

Comment

Here's the original post.

I think that working where the public can see you is a wonderful opportunity to demonstrate your skills as a groomer as well as attract new business. I think that all grooming shops would be smart to incorperate this into their businesses.

In fact. I know that many human preschools now have cameras in the classrooms and playgrounds and broadcast realtime video of their schools over the internet so that the parents can "check in" on their children whenever they want.

I think that it would be a great idea to incorperate this technology into grooming shops so that the owners could check in on their fur babies over the internet as well. Also clients and potential clients could watch just to see what happens in the groomshop. It would be a great promotional technique!

I plan to implement this in my business.

Comment

I just stumbled upon Sneakers website. She is already using a grooming cam in her shop! Very nice website! http://www.ruff-cuts.com/
                    Last edited by toomuchfunbnme; 02-08-07, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Well, that's a great idea. I too had heard of some people using web cams...I know that owners would LOVE that!
                      Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

I think web cams are a great idea too! The security camera/monitor my friend bought at Sam's Club is not a web cam, but there might be some way to connect it to a computer. I'm not sure about that. Right now, her clients can only watch their dogs being groomed if they're in her salon's reception area where the monitor is. It provides a way for everyone entering her salon to see what's going on behind the wall and a certain level of accountability for how the pets are being treated. Just like a window.
                        Sheri

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchfunbnme View Post
                          I just stumbled upon Sneakers website. She is already using a grooming cam in her shop! Very nice website and nice grooming shop as well! http://www.ruff-cuts.com/
                          I clicked onto website, wanted to see what was going on in her shop. Well I guess it is closed up for the night, darn. Everything looked nice and neat in the dark shop.
                          "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                          Diane

Comment

wow that ruff cuts before and after pics are cute!!! i LOVE that pom pic! very very adorable!
                            Hound

Comment

Working...
                            X