NDGAA certification vs. ISCC certification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDGAA certification vs. ISCC certification

I have been grooming for a little over two years, but just recently started working for myself. Now that my schedule is a little more flexible I have been looking in to the possibility of becoming a master groomer. I am a member of the NDGAA and knew nothing about ISCC until a few weeks ago. Now I am wondering is one better than the other or are they just different organizations? I learned to groom by being an apprentice for another groomer. Although I feel very confident in my grooming ability I know I would be a better groomer if I became a master groomer and I am the type person that always wants to better herself. Any responses would be appreciated and I am going to the Atlanta show so I can watch all the groomers that are competeing. I can't wait. So see you there.

Hi,

It depends upon what you are really looking for. Every person will have their own opinion, particularly those who are certified through one or the other. Here is what I've learned about ISCC though:

They want you to be educated BEFORE you start testing. You'll learn about skin, hair, coats, patterns, you name it. They've also have a joint alliance with OSHA, which says a LOT right there.

Go to www.petstylist.com (that is ISCC's website).

After you get there, click "Events," and you'll see the old information about the Pet Pro Classic that was held in Dallas last November. If you click the "3 day schedule" on the right, GIRL, LOOK AT THOSE CLASSES!!!!!!

And the price? All the classes you could take (one per hour I believe) was $169, it was all inclusive. Hershey's all inclusive price was like $399 or $499. If you join ISCC I believe you get their study guide and it's like 4 inches thick!!! That's a LOT of information!!!

Just look at the website and you'll be so impressed.

Tammy in Utah
    PS: I believe The Atlanta Pet Fair will hold classes sponsored by ISCC
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

One more thing I forgot to mention. Talk to Patty (Bow_Wow_Wheels) on this website, she's ISCC certified and teaches a class or to for them as well.

Tammy in Utah
      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I guess one is ok and the other one is the best! LOL one is ran by someone not a groomer, the other one is ran by someone who knows their stuff..so take your pick!. IMO you can't go wrong with ISCC for the education

Comment

Let's add more

what about NDGAA vs IPG?

Comment

I am certified by NDGAA...both organizations are very good. I guess I would say that the ISCC will take you longer, will cost much more, but also is a much more detailed curriculum. You will learn a lot doing the NDGAA certification, but you need to be more of a 'self directed' learner. I heard the NDGAA is going to start using Notes from the Grooming Table as their guide for grooming patterns for the certification testing which I think will clear up some confusion they had about standards for setting and judging patterns on test dogs....

Comment

Working...
            X