What is up with these dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is up with these dogs?

All this week I have been having trouble with the dogs. Even my regular dogs who normally just stand there and don't give me trouble were acting up this week.
    I had some regulars today who are always so good. I figure today would be an easy day. They fought me for everything...as did all of the other dogs I did today. They wouldn't stand for me, they pulled and fought for their feet, legs and nails. Woudn't hold still for faces. Just not typical behavior for these dogs.
    Must be the weather huh?

it is a full moon!!!!!!!!!

the dogs are nuts just like the rest of us LOLOL

Comment

Its the full moon!

Comment

Not only is it a full moon, but days are getting longer. Spring is coming (even if your temps are below zero right now). The weather is unsettled. Lots of little things all adding up to antsy pantsy dogs.

Comment

Full moon is my guess.

Comment

Ah..it was a full moon this week wasn't it? I didn't even think of that.
            Well, at least that is over with .
            Next week should be better...I hope. lol

Comment

I hear ya. My little Leo customer who is always an angel bit me.
              If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Full moon, its cold and they have alot of energy built up inside that is just waiting to come out cause they are stuck in the house all day. .... oh wait, I just described my kids LOL

Comment

Edited.
                  Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-25-07, 05:03 PM.

Comment

In addition to the full moon, how has your own mood been? I find that when I am calm all the dogs are much better. If I am stressed, the dogs are all BAD!

Comment

I agree with Dawn125, I know if my mood is off so are all the dogs I groom that day. And it doesn't have to be way off just being preoccupied could do it. It took me a while to figure it out but it is very uncommon for all the dogs to be bad in one day. It's your enery as the Dog Whisperer would say!

Comment

The dogs do definitely feed off each other as far as behavior goes. It always seems to me that if the first dog I do acts a fool and gets me stressed, that even the normally perfectly-behaved dogs sense my stress/anxiety and feed off it.

I've been watching Caesar Milan (the dog whisperer) a lot recently, and making a conscious effort to use his calm-assertive leader techniques. It really does seem to work. I even notice that my own wild golden is more obedient when I take a deep breath and give his commands in a firm but calm tone, rather than getting flustered when he acts a fool and ignores a command.

Comment

Now that you mention it my dogs last week were crazy too. In fact I even posted that I thought maybe I'd had it with grooming. I guess it was the full moon. Hopefully this week will be much better, my attitude too.
                          "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                          Diane

Comment

I hope that they aren't predicting some sort of natural disaster!

Comment

Working...
                            X