Ooooooooh dry hands!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooooooooh dry hands!

I have the dryest hands........I have bought all different lotions, etc and nothing seems to work well enough. What do y'all use? I have a case of "groomers hands" and its drivin me bananas

Eucerin, and lots of it.

Comment

I just discovered

Emu lotion and oil What a wonderful thing. The one I used is from Tiger Tails but as long as certified it would do wonders. Cracks are gone, with 3 times a day usage.
      Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Edited.
        Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-25-07, 05:12 PM.

Comment

I love and use Surgeon's Skin Secret Moisturizer Stick Duo. I put it on in the morning and I don't have to reapply all day. It stays on through bath after bath. It was designed by surgeons that have to wash their hands all day. It doesn't feel greasy so handling equipment is not a problem.

Comment

I had the same problem and bought one of those hot wax machines. Really helps....when I put lotion on after, it seemed like the lotion penetrated my skin so much better.

Comment

hands

My husband is a truck driver, but in the winter they do in shop work on all the big trucks. His hands take a beating with the oils and solvents to clean parts and such.

They crack and look dirty even though he soaks them to get them clean.
              I have a buddy that sells mary kay and she said they had something that would help.

It has a pre softening cream, and then a cream with scruby beads in it, and then a clenser to clean it all off. Little to no scent.
              After he used it I can't tell you how much better it makes his hand.
              All the dry skin is gone and his hands are clean and soft.

He can then use the hand cream. It is very amazing stuff.

Comment

Oooooh, I so have the same thing. Plus we use mostly wood heat which really drys the air out - then with my hands in water most of the day...I'm empathizing with you. I use alot of lotion (nuetrogena), but still it's an issue. I've also used bag balm, but don't like the grease/oil that's left. Mary Kay also has an emollient that I have used, but everything just seems to be a quick fix. I'm settling into the fact that it's just a reality in the winter months.

Comment

My fav is Ozono cream (found in drug store has an antispetic too) one part and 2 parts Lanolin cream (cheap stuff not nursing cream but smelly old lady cream in a jar). Greasy but 10 mins later your hands are very soft, I use it after I am done grooming.

Comment

Someone mentioned a product that removes the dry skin first (mary Kay i think) that is the key! More and more handcream isn't going to help. I think that the key is to remove the dry stuff first! I like to use a natural salt type scrubby thing and it makes the hands really soft then I can use handcream...works wonders!
                    Oh, and as far as handcream goes I LOVE Aveeno, I've never found anything that works better on my hands!
                    Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

My hands are so dry today they look they belong to a 90 y/o and their bleeding. I use bag balm and white cotton gloves at night. During the day I use honey and calendula lotion.

Comment

i was told about a product from someone on this board i forget who,but its totally saved my hands you get it a bath a nd body works,its a sugar scrub made just for hands and the matching hand cream,my hands dont look nearly as old and dry
                        good luck
                        trish

Comment

Lotion wont do a thing for any of us. Cream on the other hand is the way to go. Check your labels and make sure the product you use is a cream. I alternate products throughout the week. Dont get your body used to one product day after day.
                          Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

Cornhuskers lotion! found at nay drug store, usually on the bottom shelf, in a clear bottle with a yellow label. Very unattractive packaging. Works better than anything I have ever seen. Feels a bit "slimey" for the first few minutes but the healing is amazing, almost before your eyes.

Comment

I love Aveeno too!!! However, for deep moisturizing, I use vaseline on my hands overnight with moisture gloves on. I've never tried the exfoliating first, can't wait to see if that makes it even better!
                              Erin
                              No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

Working...
                              X