Radio Air Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Air Time

I have a question.First off I started my mobile grooming yesterday I knew it would be slow for a couple of months.Would you barter commercial air time for free grooms?They would make the commercial and run it during rush hour and 4 more time during the day on a really popular station that gets piped into a lot of business.In exchange for the free grooms which they sell on one of their shows that sell discount services the show called your radio store plus your name gets out there on that show also.They want two to three free grooms per week for the next six weeks.I have control on when I do them plus the option on upselling because its based on my starting base price anything over that amount I keep .Good ideal? and would you do it? Thanks Robin

Edited.
    Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-25-07, 05:14 PM.

Comment

I would do it in a hear beat
      If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Sounds like a great idea to me too!!
        Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

do it radio time is expensive so 2 to 3 grooms is fair

Comment

that sounds like a fair deal to me, I would do it

Comment

Ok, now that you're doing it, you've gotta get a really catchy commercial. I know I zone out when I hear them if they're boring. Maybe have dogs barking at first....or howling if you can get a howler. Good luck!! I'd love to hear how it goes, and hear the commercial.
              Erin
              No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

OMG, it a heartbeat.

Comment

I think that it sounds pretty good. Is there any way that you can contact one or two of the other businesses who are doing this with the radio station to see how it is working out for them? I agree with Pampered that it's very important to get all of the details in writing. Good luck! I hope that you get lots of new customers!

Comment

Be like Nike and "just do it." I think it's a great idea.

Tammy in Utah
                    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

First of all look at the demographics of the station. Do they match your target client base? What do they consider "drive time" in your area? In my area drive time is anything from 6 am to 10 am and 3 pm to 6 pm. That is a whole lot of hours that you could NOT be in the public's ear. Are they willingn to work with you on a time and a cancel clause if this doesn't work out for you? If not I'd look at the contract very carefully! It can work but you may get stuck with the OAYs and PIA pets at first. Good luck to you!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X