Why does it ALWAYS happen this way!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does it ALWAYS happen this way!!!

It seems to anyway!!! What I am talking about is sickness.
    I have been patting myself on the back for the past 3 weeks because I have managed to "dodge the bullet", as far as not getting any of the "flu bugs" my kids have had. Of course yesterday I ended up spending the day "worshiping the porcelain throne" and so did Julia (my other groomer). What is so maddening about this is that we have been SLOW for the last two weeks. Yesterday I had !!!18!!! grooms scheduled that we had to call and reschedule. And today when I am feeling better we don't have anything scheduled because of the weather. It is enough to make me want to bang my head on a rock....lol...
    On the subject of rescheduling, I want to ask you all your opinions. I have 3 Bichons from the same family that showed up yesterday before Ronnie could call them to reschedule. Normally they don't come in until at least 9:00 or later. Yesterday of course they showed up at 8:30. The wife was understanding, but the husband was a little irritable (which is normal for him...lol). Do you think I should discount their grooms when they come in on Friday? I was thinking 1/2 off. I hate to loose this much money, but I also would hate to loose a very good customer. What do you all think?
    SheilaB from SC

I personally would not do half off. If they have three dogs, maybe give them a third off for their troubles. JMHO
    Lisa VanVleet, RVT

Comment

boy i know how you feel,i had this happen with a client with 3 springers,he showed up before i could call him to reschedule,he wasnt to happy but i offered him my spa line products and each dog went home with a rawhide,he was happy in the end,but i do think half off is alot imo,especially for bichons they are alot of work,well i wish you good luck,and pray you wont get sick

Comment

If they are a good customer they will understand that you can't help it when you are praying. I would just apologize again and leave it at that. Do you think they would give you extra money if they had to cancell on you cauz they were sick. NOOOOO! Stuff happens that can't be helped. That is a fact of life. Don't sell your self for free. You are human not machine.
        If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Such a shame

and to boot you felt awful. I'd say a $10 discount for the trouble, for the customer, not per dog. With any luck they'd say, Ah No, we kinow it wasn't your fault, skip any discount.
          Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Hmm, well I don't know. That is a lot of trouble to to bring three dogs in, but half off is a lot. and it was kind of a situation beyond your control. If it was me I would probably call up and apologize and explain what happened, and offer them 10% off, maybe a little more if they seemed especially upset...but like I said that is what I would do, and it's your business, so do what you feel that you need to do!
            Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Edited.
              Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-25-07, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by diamienono View Post
                If they are a good customer they will understand that you can't help it when you are praying. I would just apologize again and leave it at that. Do you think they would give you extra money if they had to cancell on you cauz they were sick. NOOOOO! Stuff happens that can't be helped. That is a fact of life. Don't sell your self for free. You are human not machine.
                I think that really states it very well.
                "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                Diane

Comment

I would say half off is a lot and life happens, I would give maybe 10 of the whole bill and say thanks for unstanding and maybe a free toy you have laying around the shop just my thought.

Comment

I wouldn't offer them half off. When I showed up for my doctor's appointment first thing in the morning, and they sent me home because the doctor was sick, they didn't offer me half off. They didn't offer me anything. My hair stylist wouldn't offer me half off if she had to cancel because she was sick.

People get sick. Their kids get sick. They have accidents. They have deaths in the family. It's just a part of life.

Comment

When a client calls on the day of their dog's groom to say they have the flu, I say don't worry about it. Most of them sound like they've got one foot in the grave and are in no condition to be 5 feet away from a toilet. I'd like to think the customers would understand we are human too; illness happens to us all. You tried to call them asap so they weren't too inconvenienced. If it makes you feel better you could maybe offer them 10% off, but I'm thinking most reasonable people would pay you the full price anyway. Get better real soon.

Comment

I haven't gotten the flu (knock on wood) but I've had a cough that will NOT go away! I went to the Dr after putting up with it for 2 weeks and she said its an upper respiratory infection and gave me a Rx for flonase. I didn't get it because its $70 (ouch) but I still have a cough a week later.

Comment

Have to search the threads

There was a thread recently i didn't get around to reading about do we call clieIf a growth on toe that looks like a little bubble gum was cut offts to remind dogs are due? I did recently and I was totally shocked at this old guys response. Dog was done long enough that it may have been another mobile he was mad at....Oct. but I called wondering why nio call nback. Iremember long body struggle dog..fear of biting. something poo. short awkward body to work on. Hasppy w/ trim dog happy...impressed I gave him a cute Zaniue toy. He was NOT cut on foot anywhere...was there long enough I would know. Besides, if I cut him..why no blood? I am SURE it was not me. Said it cost 150 at vet....Please. removing a dew claw on dog at vet Tues. when there...no 150.00 I do recall they didn't want to pay my price..give me a try. I hate when people say...Wellll, we'lll give you a try. Do they say that to a doctor or hairdresser? Insulting. Usually can't please these types. Maybe an excuse..It's always about the MONEY. But I can't understand why he said that..must be someone else..what with Christmas and wanted regular . People loose casrds, forget groomer name. How could i not know? I swear..it did Not occur! Baffled.If a lil more that looks like a piece of bubble gum was cut..what could a vwet do for 150.00? I use snap ons...nevr cut warts..growths..you would know....Right?

Comment

I don't see any reason to offer money off the grooms. You are human and got sick. You apologize for the inconvenience and reschedule them. Maybe make a special effort to get them rescheduled ASAP. If I were the customer I would be bummed to show up and find out I had to reschedule but I don't think I would expect a deal because of it.

Comment

I groomed the Bishons (as well as most of my Wednesday reschedules) yesterday. They were very sweet, even the grumpy hubby...lol... I did offer to take off $20.00 and they wouldn't hear of it, they paid the usual price and gave me a tip! The only reason I wanted to offer them money off is because they showed up before we called them, and they already go out of their way to bring the dogs to me. Makes me feel real good though!!! God Bless Great Customers!!
                              SheilaB from SC

Comment

Working...
                              X