Update on Toby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Toby

You'll remember that Toby (my rescue dog) had been spitting up a couple of time a day during a week. Well I've taken Toby to the vet and things seem to be fine. No worms, just need to get him to eat better, empty tummy.
    Toby is still a very picky eater. He doesn't seem to like to eat when everyone else is fed. It turns out he likes to eat when he is downstairs with me when I'm grooming, and stealing food out of Maggies dish in the evening. I feed everyone twice a day, morning and night. He just likes to eat when he is ready. I have Maggies (St Poo.) dish up on one of those holiday popcorn cans and Toby likes to get his front feet on the edge of the can and eat Maggie's food. Maggie never finishes her food so there is always some left over for Toby to eat. He also likes to steal the cats dry food too. I guess stealing is a lot better than just having it given to ya!
    He has just fit right into the family. He is just so much fun. He did have an ear infection but that is on the mend now. He never scratched at his ear or anything to give me a clue that it bothered him. I just happened to be grooming him one day and was checking his ear and there it was nice and red. To me it sure looked sore. But it is all cleared up now too.
    I'm just really glad he has come into our family.
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

Diane, so glad to hear that. IT sounded exactly like what Spike had when I first got him. The vet in Korea said to feed him twice daily, which I started doing (originally he snarfed it all down and that was all he got for the day). So I began splitting it up. Anyway, problem solved.

I have to laugh, because after explaining how he steals food, and doesn't want his own, but wants to steal it, then you said, "He just fits in with this family." LOL...do you all steal food too?

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post

I have to laugh, because after explaining how he steals food, and doesn't want his own, but wants to steal it, then you said, "He just fits in with this family." LOL...do you all steal food too?

Tammy in Utah
      Of course, didn't you notice your lunch bag a little liter when I worked with you!!! LOL We are trying to control it, but some habits are hard to break.
      "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
      Diane

Comment

Sounds like your baby has cute personality flaws lol. If he is finicky try Little Ceasars food, it is a wet food in a plastic dish, for some reason all picky eaters love this food, we mix it with moistened dry food, or give it straight.

Comment

LOL, as a matter of fact...

That's pretty funny.

Glad Toby is doing well and that he "fits in," poor little starving thing!!!

Tammy
          Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

My am staff used to do that. She would eat cat poo, but not certain dog food till we found the one she loved.
            If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Sounds like you have a nice addition to the family. Glad to hear his tummy issues are resolved and his sore ear is cleared up. Now if you could just get your food stealing issues resolved....lol... I think they have 12 step groups for this problem...hehe
              SheilaB from SC

Comment

Working...
              X