Spring in the nail clipper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring in the nail clipper

I've had my nail clippers sharpened before but the spring doesn't move as easy as it once did, can the spring be replaced on them??

Originally posted by Plexi View Post
    I've had my nail clippers sharpened before but the spring doesn't move as easy as it once did, can the spring be replaced on them??

It depends on which nail trimmer you have but it's highly unlikely. Tecla has a repair kit with a little spring in it but it's about the only one. You can get good, new nail trimmers for under $10 but it isn't worth it to the manufacturers to stock parts.

Comment

Try spraying the spring with WD-40 or Kool Lube or something like that. A lot of times that helps.

Comment

can be done

I've replaced the spring in one of my clippers. I went to Ace Hardware and looked in the trays where they have springs, found the one I needed, and cut it to length with some heavy-duty cutters (wire cutters aren't usually heavy enough). Maybe the Ace guys will cut the spring for you. The springs come in long lengths so if you have to buy an entire length, you'll have enough springs for the rest of your life!

Comment

WD 40 might work. I just get new ones whenever I don't like how mine are working. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X