Who has a German Red Clipper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has a German Red Clipper?

I remember this being discussed shortly after the Hershey show and people seemed to like them. How are they holding up? How much do they weigh? I feel like trying something new!

You must have got the mailing they sent out.

We tried one at the New England show. It seemed to have good power for cutting through mats. Also the demonstrator dropped it purposely on the floor many times. It just kept clipping.

Also they claim you dont have to sharpen blades as often. I believe they said once a year.

Jason

Comment

We have one and don't use it. The special blades you need to use have too much space in between the teeth. They aren't skip tooth but they def. aren't finish blades. Every dog we tried it on just didn't get a nice finish. It is durable and will probably be great for roughing in those OAY strips but until they get better blades it just hang on the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
        The special blades you need to use have too much space in between the teeth. They aren't skip tooth but they def. aren't finish blades...until they get better blades it just hang on the wall.
        Aesculap, the company that makes the Red Clipper, is now selling A-5 compatible blades for their clipper. According to the company, their new blades don't require sharpening as often as other brands of A-5 blades.
        Sheri

Comment

Working...
        X