How to dye my poodle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to dye my poodle

HEllo, I have read that some people use Jello to dye their poodles. Would one mix the Jello with shampoo? I really want to dye my poodle for Valentines day, anyone familiar with the process? Do tell....

Hi I used 6 packets of grape Koolaid to dye my toy poodle pink, I have a pic on my website in the gallery. I just put her in my sink lined the counter with towels, and put rubber gloves on I put the Koolaid in the sink half filled with warm water, and just kept pouring it over her, for about 20 minutes, she came out sooo pink it was cute.

Comment

Does it "run" all over carpeting/furniture??

Comment

Poodlefluff how long does that take to wash out??

Comment

Grape Kool-aid turned her pink? I don't get it...

Comment

coloring poodle

there is a site that sells dye for pets,it called pastels for pets dot com.

Comment

Poodle...she came out so nice and even. I'm wondering too, grap koolaid did it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mo-N-Me View Post
                Grape Kool-aid turned her pink? I don't get it...

Me either, but it does...my avatar was done with grape kool-aid.

I've never heard of using jello.

Comment

I actually wanted to dye my cocker spaniel for the superbowl, but I will have to try again. I want to dye him blue. We will see. I think I will have to buy some kool-aid this week.

Comment

Poodlefluff, she looks great, so even. How long does it take to have her be white again??
                    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                    Diane

Comment

I've never heard of using jello either, but I assume it might work the same as koolaid. I mean the stuff in the packet looks and tastes about the same, lol...lots of food coloring.
                      Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

But does it come off on the rug and furniture, what if the dog gets caught in the rain??

Comment

She was dyed pink until it grew out, I lined the counter with towels so if she shook there wouldn't be any stains, She was cute even when she was growing out though 6 months later she just had pink on the tips of her ears. Grape kool aid turns them pink, Red koolaid would probably be pale pink. But once I rinsed her and dried her she would not stain carpet even when she was wet, she was dyed and it wasn't going anywhere.

Comment

Has anyone ever tried using Easter Egg Dye on dogs? Its non-toxic and edible even. And it comes in the prettiest colors. I almost dyed my albino ferret with it but chickened out.

Comment

Working...
                            X