Favorite Breeds to groom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Breeds to groom?

The AKC has their list of top ten dog breeds out. I just wondered what groomers favorite breeds are... and which breeds you dislike the most. Which state are you from?

My fave are the ex-large breeds. My least are Goldens, Cockers, puppies.. LOL... I love puppies, but I hate grooming them... I'm in Utah, born in Cali and learned to groom in New York.
    Becky

Comment

To groom, I love grooming WFox Teriers and Airedales; would LOVE to get a Kerry Blue to groom but there aren't many around here. I also really like grooming Springers and Brittanies. For breeds to own, my faves are Dobes, Poodles, Doxies and my own Catahoula. Would consider owning a Staffie again, my girl Daisy passed away in 2004, but with all the BS Bylaw rumblings I worry I'd get one and then be banned from having one in city limits, which would suck.

Comment

Love grooming springer spaniels, golden retrievers, min. schnauzers (haven't done a giant schnauzer yet). I groomed a 4 mo. old min. schnuzer on Friday (1st groom). Max was such a good little boy and he was way to cute when I finished with him. I wish I had a camera with me that day.

Comment

My favorite breed to groom is feline (big grin)
          as for fav dogs Id have to say terriers and any dual coated breed
          each breed has it own ups downs to them I realy like doing most of them.the one I realy dont like doing is the bedlington I love the cut and dont mind the breed its that darned hair of theirs that is just so fine make clipper work a pain in the rump lol.

Comment

my favorites are short legged terriers, springers and english cockers least favorite OES

Comment

My favs are the ones who behave LOL

Comment

Favourite Breeds

Being a glutton for punishment I love bichons, standard poodles and of course my own PWD's. Only on Tuesday I did 7 bichons at the one house, it was a blast lots of scissoring, lots of kisses and a very happy client.

Comment

My fave to groom would be the well behaved shihtzu's, maltese or lhasas - I LOVE parted coats. Second would be a tie between schnauzer's and terriers. I groom so many poodles, they're the main breed that comes in. But they are my least favorite to groom. I actually just gave up a couple standards to another local groomer (she was happy) - I know you all will think I'm crazy, but I just didn't enjoy grooming them and felt like I didn't do as good of a job as I should have. So anyway, I do enjoy grooming the mix breeds too and get alot of them. I'm in SouthWest Virginia - I also have lots of beagle and hound mixes that come in and I like playing with them almost more than I like grooming them.

Comment

My fav to groom would have to be bouviers. Second in line would be schn. What is the worse for me.....hmmm would have to say Chows. That is the only dog in 10plus years that put me in the hosp. Still occassionally do a chow but not very often.
                    Trish

Comment

My favorite breeds to groom are terriers of any kind and dachshunds. I least like to groom cockers and labs, goldens or any other big lug who can't seem to figure out if you step off the table you'll fall.

Comment

favorite breeds to groom

my favorites are cockers of all breeds, my mom and i raised them when i was growing up so its second nature to me, i learned to fully brush out a show dog at age 10. i can clip a cocker blindfolded probably. hee hee. i dont have to think grooming them so i guess that is why they are my favorite, my next favorites in order are for top ten
                        shih tzus
                        pekes
                        setters
                        poodles
                        springer spaniels
                        lhasa
                        schnauzer
                        wire fox terrier
                        westies
                        long hair doxies

least favorite
                        pyrenese (sp)
                        saint bernard
                        newfie
                        pit bulls
                        bull dogs
                        maltese (their hair is like cotton candy)
                        puli
                        cats to clip

what are yours groomer clarice

Comment

Edited.
                          Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-20-07, 01:25 AM.

Comment

My favorites that I have owned would be Dobermans, Akitas, Chows
                            I would love to have Standard Poodle, Tibetan Mastiff, Kerry Blue Terrier, Giant Schnauzer, Belgian Malinois.

Favs to groom, Poodles with nice coats that the owners want something on other than a kennel clip. Sadly those are few and far between. Welsh or Wire Fox Terriers, PWD,

Least favorites would be Cockers just because they are usually such icky dogs and Mini Schnauzers because most of them have rotten personalities. And I refuse to do cats for the most part. You might talk me into giving one a bath but I will not shave one. I almost always end up cutting them.

Lisa

Comment

For me, the larger dogs tend to be better behaved.
                              I'm not great at it - but I enjoy scissoring the curly-coated breeds too.

Comment

Working...
                              X