Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No more Hubbys allowed......

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • No more Hubbys allowed......

    This morning hubby brings me wifes Shih Tzu pup for grooming - this was his 2nd visit w/me. He is absolutely DARLING! I just love him to death so I was so excited he was coming in this morning. So I ask hubby how they want his hair done. He says "short!"......Hmmmm I am leery so I ask more questions...then he says "well, she liked how you did him last time"

    Well last time, I just neatened him up! So I say I will do what I think looks cute, and hopefully they like what I do LOL

    So I end up putting him in a puppy cut w/ a guard, then scissoring his legs,etc....OMG did he look cute! And he is a perfect angel! I was a little worried I didnt take him short enough, but hoped they would like him.

    Wife comes to get him and is just in love with his haircut. I thought - ohhhh if I had just listened to hubby he wouldve probably gone home w/ a 5f oa LOL. I asked her if it was short enough, and she said he was perfect.
    Whew! I can imagine her picking him up, shaved down, and freaking out if I had done what hubby said .......lol. So Im gonna put up a sign

    " No Hubbys allowed to make grooming decisions, please bring in a note from the Mrs., or contact number where I can reach her" LOL

  • #2
    They have no clue.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

    Comment


    • #3
      LOL! we have a rule:

      the person who's responsibility it is to brush the dog, get's to choose the haircut.

      Comment


      • #4
        I like that... Don't know how many times the hubby has a brought a dog in and said short. There is a couple, who's dog I do now, that argues constantly over the dogs cut. The hubby drops the dog off and says 3/4 of an inch left. Then the wife picks up the dog and freaks out because he's to short. Next time the wife comes in and says an inch all over. Hubby comes in a freaks out cause the dog is to long. I mean really people, 1/4 of an inch. Please.... So they both came in one time and just bickered to no end. They do this every single time. Next time, I'm not even gonna touch the dog. Or I'll do 5/8 of an inch. Right in between. LOL

        I also have groomed dogs where the hubby brings the dog in with a note from the wife.

        There are 2 St. Poodles I do know, where it's just the opposite. The husband can communicate with me where as the wife thinks I can read her mind.
        Becky

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CountryCanines View Post
          This morning hubby brings me wifes Shih Tzu pup for grooming - this was his 2nd visit w/me. He is absolutely DARLING! I just love him to death so I was so excited he was coming in this morning. So I ask hubby how they want his hair done. He says "short!"......Hmmmm I am leery so I ask more questions...then he says "well, she liked how you did him last time"

          Well last time, I just neatened him up! So I say I will do what I think looks cute, and hopefully they like what I do LOL

          So I end up putting him in a puppy cut w/ a guard, then scissoring his legs,etc....OMG did he look cute! And he is a perfect angel! I was a little worried I didnt take him short enough, but hoped they would like him.

          Wife comes to get him and is just in love with his haircut. I thought - ohhhh if I had just listened to hubby he wouldve probably gone home w/ a 5f oa LOL. I asked her if it was short enough, and she said he was perfect.
          Whew! I can imagine her picking him up, shaved down, and freaking out if I had done what hubby said .......lol. So Im gonna put up a sign

          " No Hubbys allowed to make grooming decisions, please bring in a note from the Mrs., or contact number where I can reach her" LOL
          I had a husband one a couple of days ago. He came in and said do what I did last time. I said I only did a bath and lite trim and he said just a little trimming. I thought I don't think that is what Mom wants, as she is the one generally to bring the dog, and it was rather messy. I called her and she said she wanted about half of it off, which meant it got a 3f kennel clip.

          Comment


          • #6
            Mommy is Boss! Keep mom happy

            Boy that is sooo true!Men,Hubbies or not usually can't articulte,they will mesnap ons ss you up..Always do as wife wants. Mobile, call on phone,get a nbote. This past Friday, I could see this man,retired I guess, was very involved w/this dog and I spent at least half hr. before groom. He was happy..called later to ee if wife was...Yes she too. Longer is always bwetter on a pup. Otherwise kids or someone won't like that he isn't lookin like a pup. I did a puppoy cut too. oops curser messed up above.Time for bed soon.

            Comment


            • #7
              Boy, I sure messed up on typing articulate....I actually have a rulewr...I even forget what an inch looks like. Then we both know. You know, sometimes theynsay it is cold.don't tke much off. If it's a poodle and it is of course blow n'brush, the fur stretches longer...take a tad off. Then in a few days, it curls up shorter -looking AGAIN. Ithink whoever brushes the dog gets the lenght is good...cept" in many cases I am the one who does ALL the brushing! Go w/wife. We're the boss usually.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Bearmtn View Post
                I had a husband one a couple of days ago. He came in and said do what I did last time. I said I only did a bath and lite trim and he said just a little trimming. I thought I don't think that is what Mom wants, as she is the one generally to bring the dog, and it was rather messy. I called her and she said she wanted about half of it off, which meant it got a 3f kennel clip.
                Thats too funny, we have a few men that come in with a page or two of instructions from their wives and when they don't come with their permission slips, we will call the wife to double check.

                Most guys really misinterpret what the women tell them.

                Comment


                • #9
                  My policy is that whoever drops the dog off, unless there is an arrangement already made, gets to make the decision on what the dogs want. BUT-they have to have specific instructions...I don't do vague instructions well.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hahaha. I have said this before to my receptionists and they ALL agree with me. I think SOME husbands hate doing drop off duty and purposely, omit, mislead, act clueless or downright lie about grooming instructions just so they dont get drop off duty anymore. Lol. Lucky for most wives, Im to smart to fall for that! unless its a brand new client.. then there is really no way to tell.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well, after having someone's wife tear me a new one over the phone last week( it's her dog but husband delivered dog, husband gave instructions, she didn't like length when dog got home,etc), I still maintain that if you're going to be particular about style and length, then YOU better be the one to bring it in! I don't have time to figure out who wears the pants and makes the haircut decisions for the family. I go with the instructions given at drop-off. Usually it is the wife who wants it a certain way, but I do have a client (retired barber) and he is very particular, and he brings the dog in to show me what he wants, so you can never totally know!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Raggs View Post
                        The hubby drops the dog off and says 3/4 of an inch left. Then the wife picks up the dog and freaks out because he's to short. Next time the wife comes in and says an inch all over. Hubby comes in a freaks out cause the dog is to long. I mean really people, 1/4 of an inch. Please.... So they both came in one time and just bickered to no end. They do this every single time. Next time, I'm not even gonna touch the dog. Or I'll do 5/8 of an inch. Right in between. LOL
                        Actually, 5/8 is shorter than either. It's a little over 1/2 inch. So that might make BOTH of them upset....might make'em think though.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I always ask " did you bring me a note from your wife?" You'd think a man would have a better idea of measurments than a woman but they don't..

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X