X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pamperedpups
    replied
    Edited.
    Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-20-07, 12:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• sheilabgroomer
    replied
    Originally posted by Maggy View Post
    Aussheplady, there are some days when I don't think keeping a bottle of vodka on hand is a bad idea at all.
    I thought all groomers kept a bottle of vodka in their shop for flea repellant purposes...lol

Leave a comment:

• plushpuppy
    replied
    Originally posted by Shell View Post
    I recently read about the essential oils that repel fleas (lavendar, patchouli, lemon, etc.). There is an awesome body wash / bubble bath made by Kiss my Face in Patchouli that I really like.

I get the creepy-crawlies just thinking about fleas and feel them on me even when I haven't been around them. Kinda like when they used in announce head checks in grade school.
    Ok that was mean Head checks oh just the thought makes me itch...
    use capstar it works great.

Leave a comment:

• Maggy
    replied
    Aussheplady, there are some days when I don't think keeping a bottle of vodka on hand is a bad idea at all.

Leave a comment:

• Aussheplady
    replied
    keeping fleas off the groomer

Keep a small fine mist spray bottle in your shop. When you have a flea dog, mix up the bottle with water (actually vodka works better to mix with as it "mixes" with the oil better than water, but much more expensive and an odd thing to keep in the shop. LOL) and about 3 drops each of lavender, tea tree and peppermint. Mist if over yourself before starting the dog and again after bathing. (pay particular attention around your ankles as fleas get trapped in socks and will bite around and around the ankle-ouch)

This will keep the fleas from wanting anywhere near you and make the shop smell nice too. The reason to mix as needed as essential oils have a short shelf life once mixed with anything.

I also prefer Espree's citrus shampoo followed by their herbal dip over chemical flea shampoos. They even seem to work faster than most of the chemicals and make the shop smell like oranges rather than nasty flea chemicals when you are done using them.

Leave a comment:

• Kim in SD
    replied
    I use skin so soft after I shower, you could use OFF, I've wondered if frontline works on people.

Leave a comment:

• Maggy
    replied
    I'll have to stock up on essential oils, I ended up washing my hair in dish soap. haha

Sadly, it washed out some of my hair dye.

Leave a comment:

• pamperedpups
    replied
    Edited.
    Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-20-07, 12:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• diamienono
    replied
    You can do a rub down with Avon Skin so Soft. That works

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied
    I don't know of anything but I don't worry about fleas here in Utah.
    I can remember how I felt in Tex and Calif when I'd see one flea, always meant there were more around and felt they must be crawling on me!

Leave a comment:

• Shell
    replied
    I recently read about the essential oils that repel fleas (lavendar, patchouli, lemon, etc.). There is an awesome body wash / bubble bath made by Kiss my Face in Patchouli that I really like.

I get the creepy-crawlies just thinking about fleas and feel them on me even when I haven't been around them. Kinda like when they used in announce head checks in grade school.

Leave a comment:

• edderland
    replied
    Next time, give them a capstar, put them in a carrier for an hour or so, then bathe. The fleas will all be dead or dying.
    Deidre

Leave a comment:

• Gracy Rose
    Guest replied
    First, I love your tag line, that is so funny.

Espree makes an Herbal Shampoo, we dilute it and put it in a spray bottle, if you have a flea infested dog, spray your arms. It is mild safe and a natural bug repellant.

Leave a comment:

• diemonster
    replied
    So far I haven't had a problem with fleas.. but I would recommend changing your clothes at the shop (putting the infested ones into a sealed plastic bag), and washing them with plenty of soap. Run a flea comb through your hair.. and there ya go!

Leave a comment:

• Fur Elite
    replied
    I have not found a way to keep them from jumping on me, but I have found that vacuuming your head with your shop vac is an effective way to get rid of the ones that inevitably end up in your hair. I suppose you could just vacuum yourself in general.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X