Yucky yorkie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yucky yorkie

One of my long-time clients called and asked if I could squeeze in her new yorkie puppy. She stated that her vet prescribed some topical medication for a skin condition and that her pup was "really a mess". I'm kind of fond of this lady as she's elderly, very sweet, and a great client in general, so I made some time for her the next day.

I was curious as to what this "skin condition" was so I was relieved when she immediately handed me the bottle upon my arrival. I worked in the veterinary field for 8 years, making me familiar with most conditions and meds. "I've been putting a teaspoonful in her coat twice a day for a week and it's still not working" she says. So I'm reading the ingredients, not seeing anything that makes sense. "Vitamins, minerals, fatty acids.... highly palatable?" I looked at this greasy, matted, smelly, yet happy little yorkie pup and said "Mary, I think this supplement would be MUCH more effective if you FED it to 'Phoebe".

I tried so hard not to laugh, bless her heart.

how sweet

that made me laugh - I can just imagine what Phoebe looked like! You did a good job not to laugh!

Comment

Love it!

Oh my gosh, that is too cute! Mary and Phoebe both sound adorable. That'll give ya some smiles when you remember it - CUTE - thanks for sharing it! Now we're all smiling.

Comment

MY husband and I are sitting here with tears running down our faces. That is so cute. I read alot of this stuff to him as we share an office in our home. He thinks everyone is just great
        "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
        Nancy

Comment

That is too funny!!

Poor Mary, hope she wasn't too embarrassed.

Comment

Ha! The poor little guy had to be coated in goo!

Comment

LOL,that is too funny!

Comment

How adorable is that?!? Bless her heart, she was just doing what anyone would do if they told "this is medicine for her coat and skin"....naturally one would think to apply it topically! I certainly wouldn't eat my hand lotion

Comment

Poor thing!

Comment

Oh my! That was funny though. poor baby.

Comment

bless sweet marys heart,she sounds so sweet,were you able to wash the goo off of pheobe?

Comment

Edited.
                        Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-20-07, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Oh, that's too funny. But at least it wasn't like Nicole said...feeding the dog something intended to be applied to the skin.

Reminds me of the woman who insisted she couldn't possibly be pregnant. She'd taken the contraceptive foam faithfully, never missed one time, even though it tastes horrible.

Comment

Oh geez, at least its a organic product that can break down and can be washed off, must have been a sticky mess though.
                            Heck, sounds like something id do to taffy if i was really tired and didnt read bottle i was holding, luckliy i write down her instructions in big letters and stick it on the cabinet door so i dont mess up.
                            Lol, at least you know she cares about her pup!

Comment

Little "Phoebe" is fine. Didn't take too much to get those mats out. (Actually think the oil helped a little there) My client, Mary, IS sweet. I said the same thing about "how it could have been much worse if she had it the other way around." (I shudder to think......)

I can see how easy it would have been to confuse the "treatment application".

Can't wait to see her SHINY perfect skin and coat next time!
                              Last edited by BeyondBlessed; 01-26-07, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X