My day.... Wow, and a sick dog.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My day.... Wow, and a sick dog.

So yesterday I had 6 on the schedule and 6 for today. I really need to teach my boss how to schedule dogs. It was murder yesterday. I started at 9 and finished at 4. Today I started at 9 and finished at 1:30.

Yesterday I had a DLH cat that was just a trim all over. Then 2 Huskies (the ones that are so well taken care of, she actually came to me, I was shocked) a Golden, a Sheltie and an Aussie Shepherd Sheltie mix. Every single animal took forever to dry and all had the nice double coat. The cat just took forever to dry. One of the Huskies I hand dried for over and hour and he was still wet by the time the owners came to pick them up. They said it was normal, he doesn't take forever to dry.

Today I had 2 Mini Poodles, an Aussie mix, 2 Labs, and an English Setter. All went really quick. It was a much better day.

But one of the Labs seriously needs to see the vet. He hair was falling out, not shedding, it was falling out in chunks from everywhere. Her tail was bald, her hair was dry and coarse. She looked like a Shar Pei with skin problems. She had lumps of fat all over, not the fatty tumors where you can see them stick out and they move around. It was like huge puddles of fat in areas about the size of a cd width. Her eyes were saggy and just running like a river and looked swollen. Her flanks and armpits were saggy and black. It was awful. Plus she smelled horrible, I couldn't get her to smell good. It was a rotten smell too. You can bet that my boss is going to tell the owner to take the dog to the vet. He and another girl I work with were standing, looking at the dog trying to figure out what medical condition she could have.
    Becky

Oh my goodness!

That last dog, I'm amazed that your boss didn't send it's owners to the vet with it instead of having it go through a groom.

Sorry about the tough days! Hope you're not too sore!

Comment

Edited.
      Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-20-07, 01:09 AM.

Comment

My shop has HV dryers and cage dryers. I was using the K9II on him for an hour. His coat is really really really thick. I've never seen another Husky with this thick of a coat. However I used to groom a Shepherd with a coat like this. His owner would just take him home wet because he would never dry.
        Becky

Comment

Originally posted by pamperedpups View Post
          Why would you hand dry a dog for an hour? Does the shop you work at not have an HV dryer?
          I've had many Huskys that took over an hour to HV dry. Even two HVs and a fan blowing, and still took over an hour. They're worse than any cocker I've ever had for getting dry. I think the only dog that takes longer to dry than a good coated Husky is a Komondor in full cords.

Comment

Edited.
            Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-20-07, 01:12 AM.

Comment

let us know what the problem with the lab is. Iam curios.

Comment

Working...
              X