Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you consider any groomers overcharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you consider any groomers overcharge?

I ran into this old thread in a search. https://ezinearticles.com/?Are-Veter...%3F&id=5756009

So now in this light certainly groomers don't need absolutely the staff or the expensive like $2,000 shears or you know the most expensive ever table.

Does this mean that there is no groomer that overcharges. OMG I have never even heard those words together, over charging pet groomer. Is that really true?

Great question. I don't even have an answer. I don't think you can say that about groomers. Unless you are charging for something and not delivering and that's fraud.

Comment

I think the only time a groomer over charges is when they start loosing regular clients and stop gaining new ones because they have put prices themselves for the area, because people can't afford it, especially if other groomers can offer the same services at the same quality for a lower cost

Comment

Here it’s hard to overcharge. My take on it is this. You know they can afford even approaching a base of 80$ without optional tip 5 times a year. When you can convey it like this, a light bulb goes off in their head. Now if they say, well I’ll come 10 times a year, then the price can be lowered. Prepaid I tell them, I’ll sign you right up. 😊 Don’t fall for that song and dance. Now mind you I don’t get 80$ for every small groom. I’m close with tip many times though.

Comment

I do raise an eyebrow at some of the froufrou Avant-guard stuff some of the Beverly Hills types are offering, but rent there isn't cheap, and if the owners want to plunk down $$$ on a Fiji mud bath and champagne rise, it's their money to waste.

Comment

Originally posted by tabbykitten13 View Post
            I do raise an eyebrow at some of the froufrou Avant-guard stuff some of the Beverly Hills types are offering, but rent there isn't cheap, and if the owners want to plunk down $$$ on a Fiji mud bath and champagne rise, it's their money to waste.
            OMG!!!!
            I do mudbaths for some special cases, but would NEVER waste even domestic sparkling wine on a rinse 🤣🤣
            I do recall reading about CA a speciality ‘eye wash’ ( saline drops) at an outrageous $$.

Comment

I was remembering that thread someone put up about the owners who brought them a case of the good stuff for rinses... And I would happily do mud baths for the pups if Corp would let us, but I don't think that the dogs care if the mud is from Fiji or Fremont, as long as it makes them less itchy!

Comment

Originally posted by HoneyandChewiespal View Post
                OMG!!!!
                I do mudbaths for some special cases, but would NEVER waste even domestic sparkling wine on a rinse 🤣🤣
                I do recall reading about CA a speciality ‘eye wash’ ( saline drops) at an outrageous $$.
                Some of these people love to be overcharged actually and do things for attention.

Comment

Originally posted by yankeedoodlepoodle View Post

Some of these people love to be overcharged actually and do things for attention.
                  Precisely. I have seen some of the $800 blow outs, they love to be overcharged.

Comment

We had a groomer here with zero training charging $25 more than me. I think sometimes people overcharge for their ability. But then again, if the client is willing to pay for it, then let them!
                    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Other than the examples of Bev Hills above, no most don't overcharge at all, or is that even possible. More like over price, let the market bear what it will pay.

Comment

Working...
                      X