New groomer opening a block away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New groomer opening a block away

She came by to introduce herself Saturday. Did she want to get me worried? Couldn't tell but I am not worried. But why would someone do that?

I'm confused, is this something strange to do? I'm part of a local group of groomers, the main purpose is to support each other in various ways. It's nice to have a relationship with similar people in your field of work.

Comment

Seems like a nice friendly thing to do. I wouldn ‘t read anything else into it. Maybe send a basket of muffins.

Comment

I too am confused........YOU should have gone to her and introduced yourself and welcomed her. If I see a mobile parked near by, I always go over and introduce myself and say hello. It only takes a minute to be friendly and it lasts a lifetime. I only hope that you were courteous back to her, but something tells me the warm feeling wasn't there.

Happy visiting her salon with a bottle of wine

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

I like to meet other groomers, but most in nyc are so unfriendly. It is like a reade group - many professions have trade groups.

Comment

The only shop in my vicinity I’ve gone into and introduced myself to was Lindsey Dicken’s. Sorry I wanted to meet the top groomer in the world. Very friendly lady. Otherwise the only other run in I’ve had was from the rudest other shop owner just up the road from me was in a vet office I dropped my cards off to and she was hovering over the desk talking to the receptionist. Pfffft. She had all kinds of derogatory advice for me unsolicited then told me who she was, the groomer just across the street from that vet office. (Like how dare I dropped cards in her turf). She told me she was slow that day and told me dont worry all of us our slow etc etc... meanwhile I wasn’t slow at all. After that, it left me with that not so loving feeling for other groomers nearby. If they’re in a different area of town I go in and talk etc say hello. Just to see their set up. That’s always been a friendly experience.
            Last edited by Kurt99; 06-08-21, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Oh and btw just had two girl groomer shop open up right up the road from me. They did a great job readying their new clean space. And to be honest, it makes sense for them to have moved where they did from where they were. It’s a better location. I got the prime location though still. Once you have your following, it doesn’t matter a whole lot though. Then it’s about how the space makes you feel. Mine is homey with a yard for the pets and yet is zoned commercial still.
              Last edited by Kurt99; 06-08-21, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
                I too am confused........YOU should have gone to her and introduced yourself and welcomed her. If I see a mobile parked near by, I always go over and introduce myself and say hello. It only takes a minute to be friendly and it lasts a lifetime. I only hope that you were courteous back to her, but something tells me the warm feeling wasn't there.

Happy visiting her salon with a bottle of wine

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

I don't think the business is open yet, how can she do that?

Comment

I like places where this couldn't even happen, that is too close. Even 2 blocks would be more reasonable. City planning an make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Angie2 View Post
                    I like places where this couldn't even happen, that is too close. Even 2 blocks would be more reasonable. City planning an make a difference.
                    I agree one block is too close. But the heck with city planning! Heck no!

Comment

Comment

Came over before it is open? Did she invite you over?

Comment

None of my 5 locations opened that close to any other groomer, I don't think that is cool. I think the closest groomer was maybe 1/2 mile away.

Comment

Working...
                          X