Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Groomer Abuse Video Surfaces and Sheriff Takes Action (Michigan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groomer Abuse Video Surfaces and Sheriff Takes Action (Michigan)

https://www.wnem.com/news/genesee-co...fd8f4754a.html

Video news story
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

That is very rough handling. Look at the dog's face. I don't care what the customer says you don't abuse.

Comment

Comment

So tired of these people that forget they are working on sensitive living creatures.

Comment

I notice the table is not only a lower end table, which can be dangerous for the groomer having to lift a larger biting dog onto it, the grooming pole also looks flimsy and looks like it is leaning from the dog pulling away. And there is no Groomers Helper. A Groomer's Helper almost always makes a dog give up fighting and might have prevented the whole ordeal including the 12 stitches. Having good equipment makes a big difference and I imagine would prevent a lot of potential good groomers from quitting the business. Just the basic Groomer's Helper, no opinion on the other stuff they offer, IMO is a must have for a solo newer groomer especially. It helps you learn how to handle dogs without fear.

Comment

This lookedike a puppy to me and I saw no blood anywhere, so I questioned the 12 stitches. I also STOP when a bad bite happens. And let's not forget he was reacting to NOTHING during this video. the puppy wasn't doing ANYTHING when he was snatching and jerking. There's nothing that would help this groomer. He needs another job.
            <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by lillypeanut View Post
              I notice the table is not only a lower end table, which can be dangerous for the groomer having to lift a larger biting dog onto it, the grooming pole also looks flimsy and looks like it is leaning from the dog pulling away. And there is no Groomers Helper. A Groomer's Helper almost always makes a dog give up fighting and might have prevented the whole ordeal including the 12 stitches. Having good equipment makes a big difference and I imagine would prevent a lot of potential good groomers from quitting the business. Just the basic Groomer's Helper, no opinion on the other stuff they offer, IMO is a must have for a solo newer groomer especially. It helps you learn how to handle dogs without fear.
              Good points!

Comment

Parti, you say when you have a biting dog you stop. My point is to help newer groomers realize that there is equipment out there to keep them and the dog safe and from situations like this from escalating. I am not making any judgment on the groomer in the video one way or the other. Although, I do believe he is sorry. Also, I believe most of us have been in situations where the dog overwhelms us by its difficult coat or behavior. No we don't beat up the dog, but many potential good groomers just drop out of the business. So I am just making a comment on how important good equipment is.

Comment

Originally posted by lillypeanut View Post
                  Parti, you say when you have a biting dog you stop. My point is to help newer groomers realize that there is equipment out there to keep them and the dog safe and from situations like this from escalating. I am not making any judgment on the groomer in the video one way or the other. Although, I do believe he is sorry. Also, I believe most of us have been in situations where the dog overwhelms us by its difficult coat or behavior. No we don't beat up the dog, but many potential good groomers just drop out of the business. So I am just making a comment on how important good equipment is.
                  Yes I agree on the equipment. However I cannot truly excuse that kind of handling and disciplinary action is appropriate. Plus this place or that groomer must know to refuse service if you cannot do it without resorting to that behavior. Any other groomer if there are others around should be interacting in a positive manner in our workplaces. This is when it is nice to have a great salon manager on duty. We had a bathing supervisor maddie ogle recommended in her book and he or she stops something like this immediately.

Comment

Didn't finish. And the way to go about it is an immediate timeout for the groomer. Hands off the dog at the first sign. It is not about making a big scene and chewing the groomer out, just STOP the groom immediately.

Comment

Working...
                    X