Mobile pet massage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile pet massage

Nice gal came by yesterday to introduce herself to me. She started a mobile pet massage for dogs and cats. Doing really well. Works 4 days a week and gets referrals from groomers and vets. Does training sessions too. She got clearance to work curbside like groomers. She used to groom but loves massage better. Charges $60 up for a visit averaging 30 to 40 minutes. She showed me her van interior. It is a wagntails used and first thing I noticed was the aromatherapy. The average customer has 1 pet massage a week. Wow that's a lot more money from the average grooming customer. Took a year to get her name around but she is so outgoing she introduces herself to everyone she said. She took my business cards to make referrals. Nice lady!

Great idea. Did she mention how she trained for that? Whst is her business name?

Comment

That's such a niche business. I cant imagine many weekly customers at 60 bucks. But it's good if she can build a base.

Comment

She said to me to read this web page if I ever got interested. https://www.holisticanimalstudies.or...canine-massage

Tom she is booked 4 days a week. 8 stops a day and 20 minutes between appointments. Some people have her come once a week. She gets a lot of referrals from vets and chiropractors that adjust pets but recommend massage between adjustments.

She made a point of saying it is not legal in all states. I don't remember the name of the business she goes by, I think she uses her personal name.

Comment

Pressed enter too soon. It took her time to build up her reputation. She was a pet trainer for many years so had good clientele and even knows to how to groom. Certainly upscale but she says millennial pros spend big bucks on their dogs, even thousands a year on operations for the littlest thing.

Comment

Well good for her. She makes more money than me just rubbing pets.

Comment

Interesting. You certainly can invest with lots of socialization in your field like vets, trainers, breeders can get a reputation. Good for her.

Comment

I have several customers that would signup. We used to have one visit our salon once a month. She got so busy she did her own location finally.

Comment

Y’know, that sounds like a really neat gig! ‘Rubbing dogs’ indeed Tom, good one!
                  Except for the aromatherapy ( because the only scent I like is food) it could tempt me too. I don’t believe my area would support it though. If mobile groomers have a tough time ‘catching on’ I seriously doubt the viability of mobile massage unless area vets really get on board.

Comment

In nyc, you need to be a vet tech or vet, darn it.

Comment

I would think you dont need a van. What equipment do you need except air conditioning and lighting. It could be done in home.

Comment

Glad you are showing the way.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
                          I would think you dont need a van. What equipment do you need except air conditioning and lighting. It could be done in home.
                          funny you say that but dogs were better away from the owners for massage yet home. I think the van is good for advertising.

Comment

Thought about more and some pets maybe even need some temp separation.

Comment

I hear a calling in me to check out the massage skill as well as grooming. We certainly every wealthy pet owners here that love alternative. Wow maybe I will end up mobile grooming and massage for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X