Curbside is too hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curbside is too hard

My friend is closing her shop. She told me curbside is too hard at her age. Selling house and moving away to her family. I will miss her. She taught me so much after I worked corp. Sad to see her go. I don't blame her, she can get by with family and selling her house. I will really miss her. Bless you Helen for showing me how a private shop can be fun and friendly and loyal. I don't like curbside at all. I am glad we have it, I need the work. It is costing me at least one groom a day if I don't stay late. But I agree at least I can work. So much for grooming being fun.

I hate curbside. What is there to like about curbside other than at least I am working.

Comment

Don't blame her. I don't like curbside at all but glad we can be open.

Comment

Curious what you are not liking about curbside?
        i thought I would hate but I kinda dig it.

Comment

I do miss being able to talk more easily with my customers. I have cut back grooms for myself and am doing more of the curbside to stay in touch with them.

Comment

Curbside is hard. Having coronavirus is harder. It's not worth quitting over. Lots of ways to work it.
            <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

She would benefit hiring a teen to do the curbside duties. Young and maybe willing to learn the groom business.

If the owner squeezed in 2 more grooms by saving that time, it would pay for the employee.

Comment

I won’t do curbside as a policy. Now if my hands are free, and it they request it, then yes I will. But I’ve always helped customers getting in and it took their dogs out for them.

Comment

I'm really liking curbside, cuts chit chat down and my booking program easily (and securely) saves cards on file so it's quick in/out. But I also only do cats so they're all in carriers, so the hand off is really easy.

Comment

I kind of love curbside. Drop off and pickup as scheduled and everyone is on time. No kennel time either and no one bothers me while grooming. Don’t want to go back to normal for a while!

Comment

Curbside is different I can definitely say that. I do not blame her for not liking it.

Comment

If you have even another groomer and bather or bathers, hire someone for curbside help. Raise prices to help cover that person.

Comment

We added a curbside attendant during busy hours like 10muddypaws. It works great.

Comment

I don't like it either but if that is what it takes. off to work I go.

Comment

We are hearing some customers not happy with it. They like getting the dogs groomed again but all the both they don't get it. Tired of the masks. This is getting serious. Crabby. But they don't blame us but we feel their dislike.

Comment

Working...
                              X