Leaving California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brit View Post
    Cockerlvr was going to move to TX and they found cost of living was much higher than they thought.
    I remember that they stayed in NV.

Comment

My CA family left 4 years with no regrets after they got settled in TX and CO.

Comment

I am going to TX most likely I talked with family and found I like them more than I thought LOL really. Maybe it is timing or I have changed. Actually it is weird but they are reaching out to me. Now it feels good and I know there is plenty of work. Weather doesn't stop me. I am used to 4 seasons in that even in CA in Winter I head to the mountain snow and summers can be very hot if not by the water. I will prefer something not extreme humidity though close to the gulf. Otherwise thanks everybody, CA is absurd and hope it changes. So political to a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Moochie View Post
          I am going to TX most likely I talked with family and found I like them more than I thought LOL really. Maybe it is timing or I have changed. Actually it is weird but they are reaching out to me. Now it feels good and I know there is plenty of work. Weather doesn't stop me. I am used to 4 seasons in that even in CA in Winter I head to the mountain snow and summers can be very hot if not by the water. I will prefer something not extreme humidity though close to the gulf. Otherwise thanks everybody, CA is absurd and hope it changes. So political to a shame.
          When you pick a town in Tx, plz update us....would love to know what part of Tx you settled upon. I am guessing S Tx somewhere since you want to be by the ocean.
          Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Fair amount of groomers want to leave Michigan, PA and NY too. Have a friend in each looking to move out of state.

Comment

In a way watching what each state has gone through is a great help to narrowing down your choices. The ones that left the groomers alone with guidelines and little rioting appeal the most to me if I was to move.

Comment

The average person is Socal spends FIVE HOURS A DAY in their car in traffic. Learned my lesson years ago, I had some fun, but home time with my friends family and dogs is way better than bumper to bumper.

Comment

I’m happy to hear you might like your family. That’s special. I’ve a large family, fortunate for us we only have one crazy no one “likes”.

Comment

Originally posted by Brit View Post
                    Cockerlvr was going to move to TX and they found cost of living was much higher than they thought.
                    Yes that was very true. That was Dallas/Fort Worth area. I've heard it's much cheaper in south Texas. But I had heard that about Texas in general and it turned out not to be true.

Comment

Working...
                    X