Good grief grooming is hard ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good grief grooming is hard ...

sometimes. I was tapped out today. Tried to reschedule this client to another day. Owner wasn’t having it. I am tired tired tired today.

Feel for you. Getting back into the full ‘Christmas rush’ mode after a slower pace has been a challenge.

Comment

I hear ya Kurt. Enjoy your day off.

Comment

I know your feeling. The stress the last few weeks and all the extra precautions we are all having to make added to an already challenging job take a toll. Rest up this weekend!

Comment

I am about to quit my first grooming job in 15 years. This old body just can't hack it anymore. So I tota5get you.

Comment

I had 4 dogs, including a standard poodle not make it onto the schedule. So. 17 dogs instead of 13... exhausted???? Absolutely.
            <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Even when I take a week vacation and come back I realize how physical our work is.

Comment

This is what concerns me too after being closed. Lose the momentum.

Comment

That's why I have a shop with employees. Not quite retired yet. But as I got older I was able to offer grooming of all kinds of pets and sizes but for me, move toward the smaller ones. Grooming is far more physical than many imagine.

Comment

I agree! I really felt it for a couple of days after 11 days off in March for the shutdown.

Funny incident that just happened....one of my good friends has a 19 yo daughter that LOVES animals and wanted to go on a ride-along with me. I had 2 Doodle shaves and 2 LARGE Aussie de-sheds that day. She did great and was VERY interested in the process. I taught her how to use the clippers along the backs of the Doodles and she used my Andis Excel for less than 10 minutes. 2 days later she texted me to thank me and let me know her arm/shoulder was still sore from using the clippers. !!!!! WHAT? A fresh 19yo is sore from 8 minutes of using a clipper?? I could clip all day with no problem! Clipping is one of the easier parts of grooming imho. I specialize in older pets, so for me the harder things are helping some of the bigger dogs stand for parts of bathing, drying or clipping. I really feel it in my lower back by the end of the day. Then I have super ornery older pups that use every wile they have to slide off the table, if they can. I was SO surprised! LMAO

Comment

Working...
                    X