Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Particentral
    replied
    Facing tables away from each other helps with the issues. Back to back. Masks. I am lucky. My shop was a house, so I have 5 rooms. 5 people can work there and never see another person. Cages in every room, tubs in 2. Bathers in the morning, groomers in after 10. I am NOT stuffed fully nor will I be, but it could happen easily.

Staggered work is going to be required. Putting tables against the wall? Probably going to be needed. Some have hung shower curtains between stations. Others have rented cubby dividers like offices use or built them out of plexiglass or bathroom wall panelling...where there is a will there is a way.

Owners can figure out how. It's just that you have to be creative.

Leave a comment:

• dogma
    replied
    Karla, Do you know someone personally that will have trouble following the rules? Perhaps we can come up with suggestions for them. I’ve gotten good ideas from the groomers on this board that have helped me comply.

Perhaps a shop with numerous employees can stagger their employees work times for instance. Or perhaps a grooming station can be moved into a different part of the shop to maintain 6 foot distance.

I also keep in mind that these rules are most likely a temporary inconvenience. There will come a time when we can greet our clients without wearing a mask. In the meantime I will wear, and provide my employee, with masks.

Leave a comment:

• KarlaSnyder
    replied
    Don't forget, Admin, groomers must stay 6ft apart and be masked. Some groomers will not be able to fully open because of this. Their shops won't be able to keep all employees. Just makes me so sad.

Leave a comment:

• Admin
    replied
    Reopen allowed in: Phase 2

Projection: June 1

The governor’s office released regulations for pet grooming on May 18. Pet grooming will be allowed in Phase 2 with restrictions. Client occupancy should be kept at 50% or lower, primary access to the building should be through the front door, while other access points should be kept closed and all linens, towels, drapes, etc. must be laundered in accordance with WAC 208-20-110 if applicable.

SO CURBSIDE EXCEEDS REQUIREMENTS doesn't it???? No client occupancy, or wonder if they think DOG or CAT is a client?

Leave a comment:

• dogma
    replied
    Only if you promise not to snitch on me either!

Glad to hear your back at it. Some happy dogs are wagging their tails over that!

Leave a comment:

• KarlaSnyder
    replied
    Dogma-I have re-opened for my handful of clients. Did that on May5th. Still not legal, tho. Yes, total no contact. Now, please don't fill out the 'snitch' form on me. Yes, they have a place where you can go and rat out those people who dare to disobey the 'King'. GRRRRRR.

Leave a comment:

• dogma
    replied
    Karla,
    It says in the first post that Administrator posted...in the guidelines from Jay Inslee...if you can follow the guidelines you are allowed to open. It didn’t mention specific counties.

I’m in Pierce County. But I’m not in Tacoma proper or outlying areas. I work in a little town...I live in even a smaller town...all in Pierce.

Im able to follow all the guidelines. We are open. I have a small shop.
    You have a shop in your home, without employees, if I remember right. Why do you feel that you can’t meet the guidelines and re-open your business?

Leave a comment:

• 123Linda
    replied
    Originally posted by KarlaSnyder View Post
    Yes, but it goes county by county. So far, only the less populated counties are allowed to groom (but dog walkers are allowed everywhere-go figure). Must meet state criteria of less then 10 new cases per 100,000. And then-more hoops to jump through-need to apply for a variance by the county health officials. It's going to be a looong time before grooming will be up and running statewide. This is ridiculous.
    Don't you hate the little details like which county. Sorry Karla. It is and I have a nephew in WA who is furious with the gov.

Leave a comment:

• KarlaSnyder
    replied
    Yes, but it goes county by county. So far, only the less populated counties are allowed to groom (but dog walkers are allowed everywhere-go figure). Must meet state criteria of less then 10 new cases per 100,000. And then-more hoops to jump through-need to apply for a variance by the county health officials. It's going to be a looong time before grooming will be up and running statewide. This is ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• Pet Grooming Reopening Guidelines for WA State

https://www.waitsburgtimes.com/story...sed/16240.html
Working...
X