How many of you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you?

Is anyone that is incorporated and work in your business pay into unemployment for yourself? I'm seriously considering it after this. Who would have ever thought something like this would happen? Could be beneficial in mobile if you wreck the van, or shop if there is a natural disaster or even a man made one like fire or flood.

I have a LLC and me and my wife and employees are on w2 payroll and pay into state unemployment, have workers comp protection and obviously pay fed tax.

I was told that being the officer of the company I cannot fire myself and collect unemployment. Dont know why I have to pay into it.

Comment

In some states you can. Some you can't. I think if I had to close I'd maneuver the SBA loan process next week when it becomes available locally at your bank. I have clients who have already started the process. It's complicated currently but it is supposed to be easier next week
      <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

As of last night a groomer posted a email from our states AG stating we can as groomers resume grooming both salon and mobile as long as we are practicing social distancing.

I hope to get my groomers on the road this weekend. We lost 5 days so far.

I hope this remains true and not overruled by governor.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
          I have a LLC and me and my wife and employees are on w2 payroll and pay into state unemployment, have workers comp protection and obviously pay fed tax.

I was told that being the officer of the company I cannot fire myself and collect unemployment. Dont know why I have to pay into it.
          So you don't think you'd be able to collect? It's not like you fired yourself, your company isn't allowed to run.

Comment

No I am still working here in Florida and pay into FL unemployment. My Vegas employees pay into NV. We may be back on the road this weekend so I hope they withdraw the claims.

We are trying to confirm we can work. What aggravates me is 2 bigger companies in Vegas with 6 or more vans did not shut and are trying to steal other groomers who are complying with the order.

They are so unethical and on top of it offer 1099 status. I want to leave a message on their phone that I'm reporting them and determined to get them in trouble. Such scum non groomer owners all about money and exploitation of workers and taking advantage of a health crisis.

Comment

Be sure to nail down the details by each state, it is different. We have operated in 3 states and it was different in each one.
              Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

Check with your insurance broker agent, some companies offer a type of loss of income coverage for self employed who cannot or don't want unemployment. In WA state officers can ELECT if they want unemployment or not. The corporation must submit paperwork stating the request. So check with your states.
                Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

I believe FL requires it if you have 2 employees meaning myself and my wife. If it's just me, then I'm exempt. Plus I'm set up if I choose to hire a employee, I have my account

Comment

Thanks, I'll do that.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
                      No I am still working here in Florida and pay into FL unemployment. My Vegas employees pay into NV. We may be back on the road this weekend so I hope they withdraw the claims.

We are trying to confirm we can work. What aggravates me is 2 bigger companies in Vegas with 6 or more vans did not shut and are trying to steal other groomers who are complying with the order.

They are so unethical and on top of it offer 1099 status. I want to leave a message on their phone that I'm reporting them and determined to get them in trouble. Such scum non groomer owners all about money and exploitation of workers and taking advantage of a health crisis.
                      Oh that sucks. I would turn them in. Double whammy unethical jerks. Hope you get back on the road.

Comment

We have the choice

Comment

The advice we are being given in the uk is very.... Ambiguous. It changes every single day. You should only travel to work If your a key worker, then you should go to work if you cannot work from home, then groomers can work but your clients can't travel to you with out risk of getting fined.

I'm currently at home and awaiting trading standards advice on the situation, currently on furlough leave. And this week has been awful.
                          ​​​​​​
                          My great gran passed away 2days ago to covid 19,my granddad (her son) has the virus and not only can he not travel for his mother's funeral in Spain but its a death sentence for him as he has cancer of the lungs, along with major liver damage. I'm also worried about my mum and her hubby as they both work in the hospital with her husband working on the respiratory wards. And then I've found out my husband is in the high rush category because he only has 1 kidney so I'm bubble wrapping him and locking him in the bed room!

Comment

I have insurance instead.

Comment

Oh so sorry Marshmellow. That’s a lot all at one time. Is hubby working? Cuz bubble wrap for sure!

Comment

Working...
                              X