Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stimulus checks early details

The compromise position looks like this:
    Each eligible adult will receive up to $1,200 from the government.
    For every child in a given household, the amount of the total check would go up by $500.
    However, there are income limits on receiving the stimulus check. If your adjusted gross income is less than $75,000 for single filers and $150,000 for joint filers, then you'll get the full amount. For every $100 you earn above those limits, though, the payment drops by $5. That means that for those with no children and income levels above $99,000 for singles and $198,000 for joint filers, no stimulus check would come. Those with incomes between those levels would receive a reduced stimulus check payment.

Some of the logistical details aren't yet entirely pinned down, but one aspect that could cause considerable confusion is in determining income for purposes of the legislation. In an effort to get the checks out as quickly as possible, the federal government apparently intends to use 2018 reported income as filed on federal tax returns in determining eligibility. However, some believe that the final legislation could treat the payments as an advance credit that will be verified on 2020 tax returns. That raises the question of whether taxpayers will have to establish their eligibility again based on 2020 income levels -- and potentially have to pay back their stimulus checks if their income rose between 2018 and 2020.

I need my 3400 now. I'm losing income each day we are off the road working

Comment

I am happy for a lot employed groomers that got laid off, this will help for now.

Comment

And what about low income folks on Social Security and Disability? Many of these folks don't file taxes because their incomes are so low. They survive on dwindling savings and are in a world of hurt with the sagging economy. I hope they include these people, too.
        Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Sslons will be closing for good then, since apartment rent and business rent is more than that, even in an average neighborhood.

Comment

Originally posted by KarlaSnyder View Post
            And what about low income folks on Social Security and Disability? Many of these folks don't file taxes because their incomes are so low. They survive on dwindling savings and are in a world of hurt with the sagging economy. I hope they include these people, too.
            No. My husnmband bbn is on SS and he is REQUIRED to file. You pay taxes on SS and retirement. Disability still requires filin .
            <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
              Sslons will be closing for good then, since apartment rent and business rent is more than that, even in an average neighborhood.
              Doubtful. This is a short term problem with loans available for immediate dispersal next week according to Mnuchin. Peole, this is temporary.
              <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
                I agree. That one chexknwould only pay for my rent whichbis $1203 a month. :s
                It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                Henry David Thoreau

Comment

OK let's assume this for sake of conversation Emma and NF

Lots of places go out of business and don't come back if that is what you may think happens. Pet owners will seek out other groomers. So private businesses will get busier with new customers, but some may be experiencing not being able to find good employees even before now. Then there are owners that will shift to corp stores. That would be interesting since some of them have a hard time with enough employees. Maybe more of them would get full time work. How many of the groomers that closed re-open later a new place, or go to work at corp?

Comment

This may be temporary for some businesses especially corporate franchises. I believe the small mom and pop businesses will disappear by the thousands. They cant make rent or catch up with back rent and expenses later.

These small business loans are just that, loans that you have to pay back. So even if you borrow and use the cash to float for 6 , 8 , 10 more weeks, you now owe thousands in loans and is it worth it?

I'd rather close and skip out on my lease. It would be cheaper.

Comment

Wow... all I can say is that anyone who thinks that way is not set up for BUSINESS but rather created a job for themselves. Most landlords would rather skip a month than lose a renter. Power bills will be next to nothing if not open and you cut to bare minimum. I can't speak for everyone but it is not the death of this industry. Not at all. Most people have some kind of business loans now with PayPal and Square capotal for example. Considering most of our clients are doctors, teachers, lawyers, retirees...they all have jobs or income still coming in! They will be back when you reopen. Folding up and throwing in the towel already is crazy. I cannot fathom that. You do the best negotiating with your business associates and landlords, phone, lights... they woukd take payment plans. So you have to work harder or longer hours. Finally raise prices! Reorganizing the business. Giving up isn't in my playbook. I'm shocked it's in so many other people's playbook. The dogs have to get groomed. People are still going to have jobs.. smh.....

Comment

I was just talking about nyc. Should have made that clear. This is a specific situation here. Places that don't have high rents, high taxes, and aren't in the center of the virus contagion, will do better than us, I hope!

Comment

I'm not speaking of grooming business per se. I mean regular small business like ice cream shops, book stores, trinkets, etc.

Look at cheesecake factory. They reported they cannot pay April rent at all 300 locations. There will be a lot less businesses after this which I believe will go into may or later if this continues to spread.

Landlords like I had, collier's international is very difficult to deal with when I had my shop. They were strict and didn't want to pay for anything when i had building issues. Good luck with rent deferments

Comment

Working...
                          X