Losing a groomer for health reasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing a groomer for health reasons

She has been with me for 8 years. Today that is like a record. She has neuropathy getting worse in her feet. She is already using a stool but even on a stool the pain can be bad. So sad.

Does anyone else work with a debilitating issue and how are you making it?

Not debilitating but a ‘pain’ at times - arthritic hands and feet and one knee and a hip ( fortunately opposite sides); back issues from too many skiing and riding falls; partially torn rotator; Morton’s neuroma, and just general wear and tear from 65 years of activity.
    How do I deal? Keeping busy and not focusing on it. CBD cream for joints when there’s a change in the weather. Some aspirin at times. Wearing good shoes at all times and moderate exercise. I’m a little too heavy right now so taking off the 15 lbs from overindulging over the past 6 months will make it easier.

Comment

Re-read that and forgot to add that I’ve really high pain threshold so it’s a little different. Once skied a whole day with a double fractured knee and broken wrist. It was less painful to keep moving then to sit.

Comment

My wrist hurts bad from a broken wrist years ago. I use a pain cream. No drugs.

Comment

Neuropathy is a tough one. That kind of pain can get extreme and really hard. My mother went through it. Sure there are pain medications but they make you dizzy or sleepy. Hoping for the best for her.

Comment

Originally posted by 121groomer View Post
            Neuropathy is a tough one. That kind of pain can get extreme and really hard. My mother went through it. Sure there are pain medications but they make you dizzy or sleepy. Hoping for the best for her.
            Absolutely. Hope she manages to find a way to get through this.

Comment

That is why I cannot take pain meds and work. Maybe a tylenol but outside of that affects my focus.

Comment

I use biofreeze spray or cream occasionally for aches and pains.

Comment

Working...
                X