hair splinter help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hair splinter help

i know it was discussed alot on the old board,but shnauzer fur and they are my fave to groom,just gets caught in between my fingers and arms,and hurts so much,i tried to sprinkle some baby powder on me before i groom them but doesnt seem to help,and i tweeze the ones i can see,but most i cant see just feel and they hurt,what do you all use thats been succesful???
    thanks

ichthamal. it is a tar like drawing slav that works
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Originally posted by rainingcats&dogs View Post
      what do you all use thats been succesful???
      thanks

Clipper vac.

Comment

Sometimes I use duct tape. Pat it on, then rip it off. Also I've heard white glue works well, when you take it off after it dries it takes the hairs with it.

Comment

Duct tape will get a lot of the ones you can't see. Press it on really well, then pull it off fast. Nair waxing strips do a good job too.

Comment

splinters?

I've heard alot about this, but I never get those! once in a blue moon I will get one on the side of my finger or something, but never in my webs or arms...so strange. maybe my Cherokee skin is tough lol

Comment

Me too

I use professional grade Duct Tape. Works well. I also found a tweezer attached just under a magnifying glass. Got a few stubborn ones.

Also corn starch rubbed on before a wire coated or Cocker trim helps.

But mostly my Taxi Vac saved the days.
              Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Edited.
                Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-20-07, 12:01 AM.

Comment

That's why this board is so great. I had a hair splinter in my and it was killing me. I couldn't see it but I sure could feel it. Now I know what to do in case I get another. Thanks all!
                  www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                  http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Diamienono, gazoomtite!
                    Lab fur is the worst. Like posted above, use a powder w/corn starch in it before you groom.
                    Duct tape? hum, great idea, I'll have to try that one too!
                    There's a post in groomer giggles, the post was you know you're a groomer if... anyway someone wrote in you know you're a groomer if you've ever thought about waxing your chest..ROFL

Comment

The splinters that bug me the most are the ones that get stuck Under my nails right into the pink of my nails. I have the hardest time getting those out and until them they hurt like something horrible.

When I do get splinters on my fingers I can usually find them and pull them out with my own nails. Sometimes I need a pair of tweezers.

Comment

duct tape and/or clipper vac

Comment

Taxi-Vac and a long, hot shower. I also take 300 mg Co-Q

Comment

Hair remover wax

Hair remover wax like you would use for eyebrow or other waxing sometimes works pretty well, or tweezer man makes a very sharp tweezer that will do the trick. Fortunately I don't seem to get many of these.

Comment

A $10 tip to prevent hair splinters, get a clip on fan and blow the hair away from you as you clip, Clip it to something behind you a chair or something. It really works. For some reason I never get hair splinters anymore so I don't use the fan, but I used to get them on the inside of my elbow and it helped.

Comment

Working...
                              X