Satan with fur....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satan with fur....

Yes, I had Satan in my shop this morning. 7am, new client, new to the area. "oh yes, the dog gets groomed all the time" he tells me.
    He walks in with this very hairy cocker. Hasn't been groomed in a while. I take the dog, it slips out of his collar and runs upstairs to the door and wont come to the owner. I take a rope leash and get him to come back down but not without a fight. I figured the dog would calm down after the owner left.

Got the dog in the tub, it was barking and whining, and carring on. I was just about done with the bath and it had a seizure. (it's only 3 yrs old) Poop, pee and anals went flying. The dog was flipping out. (This is just over a bath).

I was able to get the dog out of the tub safely and into a kennel but it was trying to eat me in the process. It was a very naughty cocker.
    Called the owner and explained what happened and told him to bring towels with him cause the dog was soaked. (I wasnt going to mess with him anymore) The devil was in his eyes. The owner was actually not suprised and was very nice and apoligized to me left and right. He took the dog and I recommended a nice nap for the next grooming at the local vet.
    By the way the owner acted, he knew the dog was going to be naughty.

What a way to start the morning!

He might have wanted to warn you a little about the dogs issues. I hate those suprises. Then there are those times were they tell you they're bad and they turn out to be really sweet dogs. I'm sorry that wasn't the case for you. I hate starting my day that way.

Comment

Not to mention the health risk of seizures. Maybe he could try a mobile that way the dog is home.
      If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

The problem is, there are no moblie groomers in our area. The poor guy really needed a haircut. But I did end my day with a really cute well behaved mini poodle. )

Comment

Wow, that's scary, well I am glad that you knew to stop, lol. Even we groomers have our limits!
          Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Wow! Don't you hate it when that happens. I really appreciate the people who are upfront about their dogs behavior. I don't blame you for not messing with it past that point. Its not worth risking the dogs health or your safety.

Comment

you can put money on it that guy knew that dog was a nutjob..he was probably tryn to save money thinkn you could groom it instead of so and so at the vets lol I wouldn't even groom it sedated after the man pulled that stunt on me. forget about it lol

Comment

Edited.
                Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-19-07, 11:56 PM.

Comment

If this guy had ever been bit by a ckr he probably would not be so careless about the risk of his dog biting a groomer. Those little devils can put a big hurt on a person. Even though he was nice he needs to understand that it is just not right not to give us a little warning about his devil so we can take necessary precautions. Glad you didn't get bit and that you sent him on his way.
                  SheilaB from SC

Comment

Glad your day got better-couldn't have gotten much worse. You handled it well. Shame on the owner for not giving you a heads up, especially about the seizures. Sorry it was a cocker, tho. That's my breed.
                    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Oh I didn't know that cocker moved to Iowa. LOL I have one just as bad I keep firing him but every YEAR he keeps coming back for more, I guess he finally moved to you.

Comment

Oh, I can't STAND it when the owners give you no warning about their demon dogs! Do they not care if we get bit and can't work? Do they not know they can be sued when we're injured? If nothing else, telling us beforehand would allow us to be extra careful for the dog's sake, so the dog is less likely to be injured! GRRRR!!

Good for you, throwing him out!

Comment

I'm glad you made it through the groom unbitten. My sneaking suspicion is that he's been turned away from other places for his evil nature and the siezures. People that don't disclose that their dogs are nasty or have medical issues is a huge pet peeve of mine!

Comment

glad your day got better, I don't understand people that lie to the groomer when they know that the dog is bad. do they not realize that had you been hurt you could sue. There was a groomer that I heard of that an agressive dog bit her really bad in the face and the owners homeowners insurance settled just to keep it out of court as they said the courts would award alot more as the dog had a history of agresive behavior.. People need to think.
                            "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
                            Nancy

Comment

The owner of our local grooming school was mauled by an OES, had to knock it unconscious with clippers to get it off her. Had to have surgery to repair the damage to her arm & was off work for months & months. The dog had a history of aggression but the owner lied & said nothing of the dog's problems.

This lady was awarded BIG bucks money from the owner's homeowners insurance, well into 6 figures. The insurance company settled almost immediately and did NOT want it going to court.

These irresponsible owners should know things like this.

Comment

Working...
                              X