No announcement yet.

Whats your most popular add on service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your most popular add on service?

Ive been working on my price lists and add on services for the new spa and I just thought I would ask you guys what your most popular services were?
    Im thinking on offering eye envy treatments, although Im not sure if people would be willing to bring their dog in every day for a treatment.
    Im also thinking of offering nail caps, I had quite a few people asking for them when I was grooming at the vet clinic, before I decided to go out on my own.
    Let me know what your think!
    Tammy

Hmmm.

I'm thinking that bringing in a dog every day for an Eye Envy treatment probably won't be convenient for most pet owners... and I'm also wondering how you could work it out to be cost effective for the time and product involved.

I like the idea of offering nail caps and am currently considering it for my own biz.

That said, my clients love the boutique touches I offer as add-ons, from special bows to polish.

Comment

Eye Envy and then brushing of teeth
      Oh and the favorite is the free Hugs and Kisses
      "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
      Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by plushpuppy View Post
        Eye Envy and then brushing of teeth
        Oh and the favorite is the free Hugs and Kisses
        In the past I thought about adding teeth brushing, but I decided against it because I just don't think it is effective for your average 4 week customer who only gets his teeth brushed then, and also I have heard that brushing dislodges bacteria that can get into their system and be harmful. Anyone else have thoughts like mine or am I the only one?

I am going to look into nail jewelry. I think people would love to see their little cuties come home w/some bling on their toes...lol...
        SheilaB from SC

Comment

I'm not a big fan of the nail caps. That just encourages the nail to grow longer and causes more problems for the dog down the road. Please rethink the nail cap add-on. Instead offer a pedicure-trim and file-and learn how to go just to the quick without causing bleeding. I've found that most people who want the nail caps do so because they think that will protect their floors or furniture. Yes, but at what cost to their pet? Those nail caps don't solve the problem IMO. Getting the nails short and keeping them that way does. Look at a Doxie or other "non-groomable" breed that hasn't their nails trimed regularly, if at all. See how that foot is waaaaaay elongated and their nails are just super thick hooks? That comes from letting the nail/quick grow and grow unchecked and that causes problems for the dog later on down the line. A dog's foot is supposed to have a neat shape-not that elongated shape although I'm sure there's a breed standard somewhere that says this breed should have a long foot. When their nails are left to grow it makes the foot hit the ground differently so the dog adjusts its gait to compensate for the longer nail. It goes on too long and you have musculo-skeletal problems develop and it can cripple the pet over a period of years.

Comment

What is Eye envy?
            If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Originally posted by sheilabgroomer View Post
              I am going to look into nail jewelry. I think people would love to see their little cuties come home w/some bling on their toes...lol...

Sheila, I found some stick-on nail jewels at the DOLLAR STORE for just that: $1! The package is full of pink, blue and white "jewels" and they are very easy to stick on and they are very "sticky" and stay on great.

Tammy in Utah
              Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Our most popular add on is probably nail filing, and after that teeth brushing. We don't get all that many requests for nail polish or nail caps but we do both.
                Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Teeth brushing is the best add on in my shop...
                  Then nail dremeling...none of the other girls want to bother with it...so I eat them up myself!

Comment

The most popular is teeth brushing. And they take the toothbrush home with them to use in between grooms. Next is nail polish. I include fancy bows and/or bandana's with every groom - even the mini groom which is just a bath/dry & nail trim. Plus I file every nail I trim, so that is always included too. One thing I just recently added to my 'add-ons' is the ultra tub treatment, it's been popular so far. I just charge a little extra to give their pet extra time in the tub getting water massaged and so on. Alot of my client's dogs are elderly and seem to benefit from this type of therapy, as some of them call it. Good suggestions everyone. I've never done the eye envy thing or nail caps. I did read something once similar to what Sheilab is saying about teeth brushing, only I thought it said it happened more often from scraping the teeth, which I leave for the Vet. I am not positive though, I just know that I've had dogs with horrible dental issues and I'm a believer in brushing and doing anything preventitive. Even if it just helps a little, it's better than nothing. What are you guys' thoughts on it?

Comment

I'm sure Helly can give a more comprehensive explanation than I can but my understanding is that the bacteria lodge in the valves of the heart and can cause infection and improper operation and can lead to a serious heart condition. People with heart conditions are always told to get their teeth cleaned in the AM and take a prophylactic anti-biotic before the procedure to prevent this from happening. Same with pets I would presume.

Comment

Originally posted by diamienono View Post
                        What is Eye envy?
                        go to www.eyeenvy.com great product and I can't keep it in my shop It really works well. I order the starter kits and my customers love the stuff
                        "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
                        Nancy

Comment

We offer the eye envy treatment- Bring pet everyday for 5 days (only take 10 minutes, they wait while we do it) and we charge a heft sum. Then once they have purchased the initial time, we do a maintenance for $5 every time they bring their pet. The clients who have tried it, LOVE IT!

My more popular add-on is Shed-Less Treatment.

Comment

That would not work for me. I am mobile and it would not pay for me to go somewhere every day for a week.
                            If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I don't offer it in mobile either, we only offer it in the salon.

Comment

Working...
                              X