The next Cesar Milan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next Cesar Milan!

Thought I'd share a few pics of my 4 yr. old son helping me groom our poodle puppy. Actually he is a pretty good helper and totally loves to groom. Maybe someday when I have my own shop he'll be my bather! ha ha!
    Attached Files

I Love That!!! We definitly need more men in this profession! Raise em right, momma!
    Making Central Florida Pawsitively Purrfect since 2005.

Comment

How cute is that! Awwwwww
      "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
      Diane

Comment

LOL What a cutie! Reminds me of... me... when I was little and used to love helping Grandma "groom" her Poodles!

Comment

My oldest daughter has helped me since she has been 5yrs. She was so cute when she was little w/the bathing apron wrapped twice and tucked up. Mostly what I had her wash were bowls and buckets in the beginning, she has advanced to dogs now (she's 11). She does a good job and is great w/customer service. I think my clients really enjoy having her there, it gives the shop a "homey" feeling not to mention she is getting a good lesson in work ethics.
          SheilaB from SC

Comment

He looks like he's really concentrating on what he's doing. That's great.
            don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Don't ya love it when the kids are interested in what we're doing. It's so rewarding for us mama's. By the way - he's ADORABLE!

Comment

He is sooooo cute! He looks like a little professional holding the blow dryer and brush. My sons 7 and doesn't have that coordination! Adorable!

Comment

LOL I have a 5 1/2 yr old son that is just dying to bathe dogs for me! Every now & then when I get one i know is a good dog, I let him help me in the tub. It makes his day Too cute!

Comment

Good thinking! Get em trained early! Heh, heh!

Comment

Jan those photos are darling! He looks like quite the professional, and I'm sure you taught him that. Thanks for letting us see your photos!

Tammy in Utah
                      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by Chihuahuafan View Post
                        Thought I'd share a few pics of my 4 yr. old son helping me groom our poodle puppy. Actually he is a pretty good helper and totally loves to groom. Maybe someday when I have my own shop he'll be my bather! ha ha!
                        Awww....too precious!

I have an almost 11 yr. old son. I refuse to pay for child care so he is in the shop with me when he has breaks from school, and during the summertime. He's a good bather/dryer, and has even ventured into nail trimming. This past summer I had him shave pads, and even rough one good little pooch in for me. He WANTS to clip...but I keep telling him he has to work his way up the ladder.

Having him there has saved my butt so many times. But it also afforded him to make some of his own purchases with his earnings. I have an essay he wrote about wanting to become a mobile groomer hanging in my shop. It's precious, his wording makes me laugh...talking about anal glands, and taking bites. It's amazing what they absorb just being in the environment.

When he bathes and drys he wears a rain coat, and scuba goggles...lmfao!

Comment

I love this profession. I've been grooming a loooong time. Unfortunately I didn't take it seriously as a profession. I never would allow my daughter to work in my shop, it's so physical. So many people don't respect what we do and how hard it is. My husband, he terrific, but doesn't understand how hard groomers work. Granted, there are times I have no appts. or get off at 11:00, but there also are times I'm too exhausted to do anything.
                          But, I love the job and would'nt do anything else.

Does anyone have and dvd on grooming techniques? I went on line at Les Pooches, and they want $189.00 and up. I want to keep improving and doing better.

astrordog

Comment

I have a grandson that would like to learn to groom dogs. Right now all he gets to do is clean the shop up. I was wondering at what age can you have a child in a work place and what all can he do? I know some restaurants you have to be like 18 to use a knife.
                            Would your insurance cover someone like him? There are so many questions that need to be answered before I would feel comfortable for him to bathe & comb customer's dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mo-N-Me View Post

When he bathes and drys he wears a rain coat, and scuba goggles...lmfao!
                              too cute! You made me lol with taht one!
                              Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X