The call you never want to get!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The call you never want to get!

While reading "Angels are everywhere" I got the worst call I could get as a gro is isomer practically. Peggy, who owns Kaiser & Maxwell. Darling ,good-lookin black mini Schn.bros. I groomed them Sat before last .Regs sice April 0/3. Kaiser got Valley fever suddenly. Fine when I saw him... listless, took to vet, died Tues. She didn't expect illness, and certainly not death. usually they cough a lot first, and can be saved. He {they} only 5yrs old! I squeeled and cried with her, I loved them like my own. Just gave them a Zanie to play with. It will be so hard to go Khe e4ntire time. Now Max lost his best buddy. He doesn't know where he is. He'll be alone all day. They slept on bed w/ them. Maybe she will get a pup for him...but they didn't like other dogs. Tho' not contageous it is asll too common here. So much dirt-digging construction,wind. cows not so common but the soil is where it comes from.When we 1st moved here one nite I opened back door.Whew!! Smelled like 10 invisible cows were in my yard. depends on wind.

That is so, so sad...

Comment

They really do become important to us, too, don't they? I dread those kind of calls, and I've already had 3 in the past 6 months. So sad.
      don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

That is sad, I hope they get poor little Max another buddy so he doesn't stay lonely. One of the worst parts of being a groomer is geting those calls.
        SheilaB from SC

Comment

Least favorite call hands down. I've had a few and they are really tough. Some of these dogs we have done for years and when we get that call it is like one of our own.
          Hope they are doing better.
          "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
          Diane

Comment

I hate those calls too, especially when they cry. I had a little old man that came in to tell us, and he started crying, I lost it, it's hard not to cry with them.
            Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Those kill me. I never know what to say. We get a lot of those being mobile. What is the proper way to handle this? Do you send sympathy cards?

Comment

I send sympathy cards. I think it is a good way to show that we really care for their pets and that they are not just a "meal ticket" for us.
                SheilaB from SC

Comment

I feel for you, at these sad times isn't it amazing how we are the first one our clients call, they truly know how much you loved their pet.

Comment

I make a donation to my church's Memorial Organ Fund and the church sends a sympathy card to the owner with a nice poem. I also send a photo of their pet taken after a visit from me and the Rainbow Bridge poem. I don't mind doing older pets at all but it just kills me to get that call...

Comment

Grieving For Kaiser

I will send a sympathy card to her as if it were a child.. also Rainbow bridge. and the other one, ANGELS EVERYWHERE, I was reading when shev xcalled...odd. I went to shop today, after mobile client. They are grooming friends dogs. I took the photo of Max& Kaiser Peggy gave me 3 Sats ago.... I"ve been thinkin about K ver often..still can't believe it..WHY? We just don't know. at least he wasn't found in the pool. This is random.. nobodys' fault. A new cust. came into the shop, her dog 3yr. Scottie, is just recovering. It is a spore virus, soi l to nose to lungs zap. I grabbed her as a client..showed her photo of Boys. I think she got the best groomer...I am the terrier expert. I hope they are fair. Gale was just hired Tues-Wed Has big dos scheduled already. My coming week is empty. I said I was av.If My phone rings..I'm taking job....can't depend on whatifs? Any ideas on how to mobile and still book for shop? Later, when I get a few Cs. it will be easier. Bus check Bal low...need $ for Feb bills around the cornerCredit report says ...Late?...Never Late all the way down list.

Comment

Sympathy cards are a good idea. We always try to send one when we have an address on file, and they always appreciate it. Plus if they get another pet they will remember you going out of your way.
                        Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Working...
                        X