X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win $1000 in Prizes - Enter Here - MEGA THREAD - HOW WAS YOUR DAY? JUST TALK

This is an all new game here. Read carefully! You might win a prize NOW.

1. Just talk, no trivia in this game.

2. There is a final drawing for grand prize of $250 cash, but along the way we will award prizes including:

Prizes awarded DURING THE GAME PLAY include (before game closes, and final grand prize drawing).
    For every post in this thread you always get ONE ticket in the grand prize drawing.

**** Drawing ticket "book" of 25 EXTRA tickets for the grand prize drawing
    **** Wahl Stainless Steel Clipper Combs sets www.wahlanimal.com if you win, do not contact them, we will deliver.
    **** Quadruped All in One Concentrate gallon (unscented available) www.quadrupedpetcare.com/groomercom.html
    **** Groomers Choice Coat Handler gallon www.groomerschoice.com do not contact them if you win, we will deliver.
    **** Groomer's Edge choice of shampoo gallon www.doublekindustries.com do not contact them if you win, we will deliver
    **** Grooming Business in a Box Bundle 4 books plus digital files ($139 value) see www.groomingbusinessinabox.com

3. HOW TO PLAY - JUST TALK! NO TRIVIA - YOU MAY WIN A PRIZE ANY DAY!!!!

The theme of this THREAD (discussion) is HOW WAS YOUR DAY? Every day you can come to this thread, and share about your day, grooming-related preferred, but if you didn't work, tell us your thoughts on grooming, your career, your business, family, furry or otherwsie???? Personal is OK. You can rant (with some etiquette please) or share the joy too. Something you learned perhaps. You can also comment on another post of someone in this thread. Please use "reply with quote option" when posting your message. NOW THE BIGGIE.............

WHY? Keep this in mind, THIS IS IMPORTANT. REALLY IMPORTANT. Every post will be assigned a POST NUMBER during moderation. All posts are numbered in order the time/date received in that order. GOT IT???? So what the heck is so important? We have already selected some random numbers of posts THAT ARE INSTANT WINNERS OF PRIZES DURING THE GAME. For example,

Sample (not actual). Whoever posts message 201 in THIS thread only is going to win a Gallon of Quadruped. Whoever posts message 333 is going to win a Wahl Stainless Steel Clipper Comb set. GET IT? It is impossible for you to figure that out and wait to the last second and ensure your post is a prize winner. Why? (1) Only ADMIN has the numbers for winning posts now up to 5,000 posts. (2) There is no way you can now your post number....it is assigned behind the scenes based on date/time of when you submit the post to moderation. Your post number will show up after the moderator numbers your post. SO IT IS ABOUT LUCK, and of course the odds favor you posting everyday, up to 3 posts per day.

4. PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!! Read this rule............

--- Please post no more than 3 times a day in this game thread.
    --- No spammy type posts.... such as "I had a bad day." That's it, 5 words total. You have to share more than that please, let's have fun sharing for real. Your post must be 25 words, or more if you like. If you are commenting on another person's post, same rule, 25 words or more.

5. ELIGIBILITY RULES

---You must be a U.S. or Canadian citizen to win a prize, and 18 years of age at the time you posted a message in this game thread.
    ---Contest is void where prohibited.
    ---Some prizes won by Canadians may be cost prohibitive to ship and instead you will be given value of the product on a Canadian gift card.
    ---Winners are responsible for any taxes that may be assessed against their prize winnings.
    ---You will be asked for proof of your age as needed.
    ---Posts must meet all regular guidelines for posting here, such as professional courtesy, and other suitability in our regular terms of use.
    ---For prize delivery we will require your full name, address and telephone. Shipping is included unless otherwise noted.
    ---Please allow 30 days for prize delivery.
    ---You may win more than one prize, no limits.
    ---No purchases of any kind are required to play in this game.
    ---You must be a registered member of this board to play and post in this thread.
    ---You do not have to be a pet groomer to play. Career seekers and pet owners etc may post too.

6. CONTEST PERIOD

The contest opens September 6, 2019 and runs through November 15, 2019. Within 10 days thereafter the Grand Prize drawing for $250 Visa gift card will be held and announced here.

By posting in this thread you agree to the terms stated above.

That's it for now. If we need to edit these rules we will let you know here in this thread of updates.

SO, HOW WAS YOUR DAY TODAY?
    Last edited by GroomerTALK Coordinator; 09-07-19, 11:24 AM.
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Love it. I am still at work and it is oddly quiet but intense today. We had 2 no shows, but 2 walk'ins, everything in balance. One was for a Bedlington that cancelled, and the walkin first came in with a Bedlington. What are the odds. Gave us $40 tip for the convenience. The other no show was a regular whose dog had to go to vet for emergency check up of extreme shaking. So we get a walkin about an hour later from some who said their vet said their pet needs immediate bath treatment.

Sometimes it seems there is order in the chaos. That's my day. But enough now please. TGIF.

(Post 1 - assigned by Moderator)

Comment

You guys are trippy. Our grooming day is winding down. We had a coincidence too. My lead groomer called in sick. It's rare. I believe her. That left 12 trims not baths on my shoulders. I called a job applicant that I have previously tested but didn't have more than occasional work for. She ran down here in an hour and is filling in. Perfect. Keep applicant names on file!!!!!

(Post 2 assigned by moderator)

Comment

My grandson came in today and upgraded my old computer to the newer Windows 10 and then reinstalled and tuned up our Petlinx software. Took a few hours. He did diagnostics, complete new backup. Isn't it great to have a brainy geek wonder grandson!!

(Post 3 verified by moderator)
        THIS IS A WINNER POST. Anyone who posted the #3 post here in this thread wins a WAHL Stainless Steel Clipper Comb set. Congratulations 4them.

Comment

Not much grooming for me today. I put off one client with multiples till later in the month because I realized we had made a scheduling error. So that just left two grooms. I spent most of the day cleaning my house for the billionth time in two months for a showing and the realtor forgot to show up. If I had been here I would have walked the people through myself lol. My son sat up the street in our car with the dogs and said I'm not sure what happened, they got out walked around and left. I don't think they ever went in the house. Of course, I'm ragging on him for not paying attention, when in fact he was right.

Post 4 verified by moderator.

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
            Not much grooming for me today. I put off one client with multiples till later in the month because I realized we had made a scheduling error. So that just left two grooms. I spent most of the day cleaning my house for the billionth time in two months for a showing and the realtor forgot to show up. If I had been here I would have walked the people through myself lol. My son sat up the street in our car with the dogs and said I'm not sure what happened, they got out walked around and left. I don't think they ever went in the house. Of course, I'm ragging on him for not paying attention, when in fact he was right.
            Well that stinks Cockerlvr. What was the excuse of the realtor? Has this happened before. I had a realtor that was speedy gonzalez working OT every day but got the house sold within 4 showings. It is hectic when you have dogs and cleaning to manage. Have you done open houses? Did people how up. If you have a family type home that a 1 or 2 person couple would live in alone I was told it gets harder to sell when school starts. Many families want to be moved in before school starts.

Post 5 verified by moderator.

Comment

By the way thanks for this contest. So many prizes.

It was slow around town. Usually is after the labor day weekend. Business was fine. The regular pre-books all showed up. Most people were talking about a hint of fall in the air and getting their homes and property ready for the weather changes. We started confirming the prearranged holiday appointments. The regulars have pretty much booked the 12 workdays before Christmas day. I am looking forward to change but not quite the cold just yet.

Post 6 verified by moderator

Comment

I had to pickup a customer from the sidewalk! She's healthy and young but the kids waiting in the car opened the door of her car and walloped her. I am glad I saw out the window. She went down hard. People came to her rescue fast and I secured her dog. She was stunned, not hurt like bleeding and no contusions. I am sure bruised. Then let's see there was the postman dropping the mail that for some reason one of our canine guests just didn't like. He was caged but what the heck our guest went ballistic. Our prima unit stopped working. Never has plugged up, someone said they would take care of it tonight after I left. Just another day I suppose serving the public.

Post 7 verified by moderator
                THIS IS A WINNING POST. absolutebichon has won 25 extra tickets in the grand prize drawing, congrats.

Comment

My day was pretty easy today, all good dogs . Had a gratifying nail trim, though. Lab-GSD mix, with loooong nails. Walked in clicking and limping, walked out quietly, with nice short nails, the owner said “wow, you are not limping anymore!” Did the whole “importance of regular nail trims” talk. The dog didn’t want to leave, he kept walking back to me an leaning against me.

Post 8 verified by moderator

Comment

Today was good, yesterday was good, and the day before that. Uh oh what's wrong huh? But lately a lot of people have had to make changes to their schedules. When I don't have a key and cannot get into their homes when I want this is a big pain. I hate that disruption. Mulling over that. One thing about mobile is that ABDG almost never get a dog with overgrown nails because if they are not regulars these days and book out for the year, I don't need them anymore. I hate seeing dogs limp. Have you ever seen dogs that get serious joint problems from months of overgrown nails. So sad. OK that being said, just 2 more weeks mobile at the farmers market. Wow another season gone by. I could go on 4 more weeks but have to get back to regular schedule. Now it is totally filled from new customers picked up the market. Love mobile, no day is the same taking a break in summer like this. So good day.

Post 9 verified by moderator.

Comment

Originally posted by 1mobilegroomer View Post
                      Today was good, yesterday was good, and the day before that. Uh oh what's wrong huh? But lately a lot of people have had to make changes to their schedules. When I don't have a key and cannot get into their homes when I want this is a big pain. I hate that disruption. Mulling over that. One thing about mobile is that ABDG almost never get a dog with overgrown nails because if they are not regulars these days and book out for the year, I don't need them anymore. I hate seeing dogs limp. Have you ever seen dogs that get serious joint problems from months of overgrown nails. So sad. OK that being said, just 2 more weeks mobile at the farmers market. Wow another season gone by. I could go on 4 more weeks but have to get back to regular schedule. Now it is totally filled from new customers picked up the market. Love mobile, no day is the same taking a break in summer like this. So good day.

Post 9 verified by moderator.
                      I don’t get overgrown dogs anymore, since I don’t take new customers, for grooming. Everyone is on 2-8 week schedule. But with nail trims, I will take new customers.. Many of them get on regular 4-6 weeks schedule, some just come once in a while. I do what I can to help them, and to tell the owners of importance of regular nail trims.

Post 10 verified by moderator

Comment

Yesterday was...frustrating.
                        Backstory-Mom made baby quilts for all her grandchildren. I make afghans for the great grandchildren, plus continue the quilt tradition. Silly nephew announces they were having twins. Daughter and I each made one afghan, delivered them just one week before the twins made their entrance three months early. Chose simple quilts, been working hard. Silly nephew decides to have a housewarming party today, so desperately want those quilts finished as they live 3 hours away. Only one dog yesterday, so should be fine. But...
                        Regular as clockwork client called to say she is running late-30 minutes shot. Call her that dog is finished and she is not at home-another wasted 30 minutes. Meanwhile a newer customer calls to double check the appointment time. An appointment I do not have in my books, nor do I have slot for for another 2 weeks. He is 30 minutes late. Dog dislikes nails done and I end up quicking a nail. Fifteen minutes late to pick up. Unfunny how things seem to work that way.

Post 11 verified by moderator.

Comment

I still have my baby quilt poodlefeet. I never learned but had it cleaned and protected for the future. Looks pretty much pristine.

I am sitting around waiting for a customer going to be half late too. Three miniature schnuazuers. Lucky, LuLu and Lazy Boy. Actually makes my day. As a groomer I like the style and bathing of them. Didn't feel like a doodle coat or anything today. End of a long week.

Yesterday I got a copy of Jodi's all color grooming book. Beautiful. I sat with a glass of wine last night and went through all the pictures of those champions and the grooming, stunning.

Post 12 verified by moderator.

Comment

Today I sent one of m groomers to the home of a customer of long time. Marinatha her yellow lab had 7 pups about 3 months ago and they are ready for baths. They begged us to send someone to the house rather than bringing that many pups in. One of my bathers was off today and signed up for extra duties. I packaged mild shampoos, extra towels, nail clippers and hose thingie that can be attached to a bathtub faucet. We have a portable size variable speed dryer. She said they have utility tub on an enclosed porch with hot and cold water so that work. Weather is warm. Never thought I would do a house call service but here we go. Exception to the rule. I would love to be there actually.

Post 13 verified by moderator.

Comment

Originally posted by Brit View Post
                              Well that stinks Cockerlvr. What was the excuse of the realtor? Has this happened before. I had a realtor that was speedy gonzalez working OT every day but got the house sold within 4 showings. It is hectic when you have dogs and cleaning to manage. Have you done open houses? Did people how up. If you have a family type home that a 1 or 2 person couple would live in alone I was told it gets harder to sell when school starts. Many families want to be moved in before school starts.

Post 5 verified by moderator.
                              He thought it was booked another day. So his client showed up, but he didn't. Turns out they would have to commute too far so they didn't reschedule. Why people don't look this up before hand is beyond me.

Unfortunately for us a lot of homes of similar size and price came on the market at the same time and the market also came to a screeching halt at the same time. Cheaper houses are selling, but not the ones in our price range. We don't have to sell, we just want to move back to WA. So if it doesn't sell it doesn't sell. We'll try again after our last kid graduates.

Post 14 verified by moderator
                              THIS IS A WINNING POST. Cockerlvr has won 25 extra tickets in the grand prize drawing, congrats.
                              Last edited by GroomerTALK Coordinator; 09-07-19, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X