Cat Nail Trimming Grinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat Nail Trimming Grinder

Has anyone tried the Furminator Cat Nail Trimming Grinder?

Is it just me or are cat nails not suited to grinding since they shed in sheets instead of wearing down like dog nails? I just trim the hooks off of my cats' nails and make sure the nail sheds properly.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Not yet. I was surprised to see this question as it appears to be a new product and one that had never crossed my mind for use on cats. I once had an Oster plug-in dog nail grinder, a fine product for dogs who will accept it. I asked the Google -- who sees all, knows all, and always has some answer. Sure enough, this cat one is a real product and youtube has a video showing it. It appears to me as a proposed solution to a nonexistent problem, but solutions are meant to extract buyers' money, not necessarily provide needed value or even work as advertisements claim. But having an open mind, maybe this gadget delivers real value to a real need.

The video shows it being used one one cat's one claw. (Cats have real claws, not nails, as blood on my finger demonstrated yesterday.) This fine video demo lasts all of 6 seconds. No other evidence is provided. One commenter asks if the cat is sedated. I wondered the same thing, but one toe does not a claw trim make. If I could get my money back on it after a week's trial, as I get to see hundreds of cats a year, and I found it doesn't provide a new benefit and that most cats accept it, then sure, I'd try it. Personally, I see no advantage to this over using what I've found to be the ideal cat claw trimmer over the past few decades, occasionally trying others, and which never fails and which I find is excellent for cats and kittens, in acceptance, speed, safety, and precision, namely this one

Click image for larger version

Name:	claw trimmer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	1122246

But I imagine that when the video authors get more memory for their camera or have more time, so that they can show us full claw trims on several cats, and other groomers show us how useful it is, the only question will be affordability.

Comment

I am not a cat groomer but two girls I worked with and did groom cats told me they do not use dremel on cats' nails because nails are so thin and it is easy to "overdremel". Coincidentally, I just received Romani's catalogue and on the cover there is a picture of a cat getting her nails dremeled with a clipper vac attachment. (But again, it was just a still picture).

Comment

Makes sense to me that the claw might be too thin. Thanks.

Originally posted by ABDG View Post
          I am not a cat groomer but two girls I worked with and did groom cats told me they do not use dremel on cats' nails because nails are so thin and it is easy to "overdremel". Coincidentally, I just received Romani's catalogue and on the cover there is a picture of a cat getting her nails dremeled with a clipper vac attachment. (But again, it was just a still picture).

Comment

Working...
          X