Spraying Siberian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spraying Siberian

I'm grooming a new client tomorrow. He's a 2-year old Siberian who was neutered last week. He's spraying, and according to his owner, the smell is awful. He just moved into a new home with a new owner yesterday. He was a show cat.
    I'm going to give him a sanitary and lower belly trim. Hope that doesn't stink up my clipper and blades!
    I think I'll use Griminator shampoo and wash him a few times. I hope I can manage to get the smell out.
    Anyone have suggestions for de-stinkifying a Siberian?

How about the method to remove skunk smell? Shampoo, baking soda and peroxide.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

My stud male has stud tail, he never smell bad, but I use to wash his tail with vet shampoo "douxo seb" for greasy hair/atopic skin and it smell really good, I think it could work on easily get the smell away and dirty hair without damaging the skin.

Comment

I got lucky! The kitty had peed, not sprayed, so it wasn't bad at all. I just gave a regular bath.

Comment

Cat pee is stronger smell right? Do you have to use a special product for that or extra baths.

Comment

I couldn't smell it myself, so maybe the smell was worse when it first happened. I just used Grimeinator, twice, then hypo-allergenic shampoo.

Comment

Fortunately, once all the testosterone is completely out of his system (usually in 2 to 4 weeks) he will not smell any different than a neutered male.

Comment

We use Grimeinator for bad smells and works good.

Comment

Working...
                X