Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good quality, low-cost hypo-allergenic shampoo for cats. Which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good quality, low-cost hypo-allergenic shampoo for cats. Which one?

I'm going to buy more hypo allergenic shampoo for my house call cat grooming. It's really for the owners, not the cats, because I haven't run into cats who are sensitive to shampoo, but I do have some human clients who don't want anything scented because they tend to be allergic to a lot of different chemicals.
    My concern is that with these gentle shampoos, their effectiveness may be lower than a non-hypoallergenic, but I do need to have some in stock.
    For cats who need a lot of help, I use a degreaser first. I'd be using just the hypo only on cats whose coat is in decent shape.

Is BIO-GROOM SO-GENTLE HYPOALLERGENIC SHAMPOO a good choice?
    Bark 2 Basics Crystal Clear Shampoo Gallon seems like a really great deal -- is that a good one too?

I want to pay the least amount of money possible, while still getting a high quality product (which makes me the same as everyone else here, ha ha.)

It isn't completely without scent, but for my client who is SUPER sensitive to chemicals and smells, so much so, she had to move out of her house for four months when/after it was painted, I use coat handler 15-1. I also use the conditioner on her dogs, and even though it's a leave in, she is OK with it.

Also in hypo (which is my main shampoo) but also not without scent, is Envirogroom Gentle Clean.

Both these shampoos do an excellent job cleaning and both are tearless (the CH more than EG)

Comment

I use Tropiclean Hypo on my third bath for a cat......the first two baths are F & T degreaser shampoo. Tropiclean hypo is tearless, which many hypo's are not. This makes it really handy to do all dog and cat heads with minimum eye stinging. Just remember, you get what you pay for, so not everyone on this site goes for "cheap"......in fact, I'm hoping that no one goes for the cheapest shampoo's and conditioners, because that means the client calls ME to groom their pet over you.

Emma.....go on YouTube and search for "Danielle Drops in on Deborah"........Deborah is a cat groomer that goes to people's homes (like you). She opens up her carrying pack to show what she carts around, I thought that might be interesting to you. Danielle (owner of the NCGI school) makes a visit to some of her graduates and it's interesting to see peoples set ups for cat grooming and to hear a little of their background and how their business is doing. Each video is 5-10 min long.

Happy not going cheap

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Better search for "Danielle Drops in on Deborah cat groomer"........or else you may get some X-rated videos..... !!

Happy searching for cat groomers :>)

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

I've watched some of the videos. they're fun!
          Least amount of money while still getting quality is a little different from just cheap, since cheap is purely based on price. I wouldn't need to ask advice if I only wanted the cheapest
          I used Tropiclean Hypo in the past and was happy with it. So many good shampoos -- hard to make a choice.

Comment

I have used earthbath hypo for dog faces. Still do for a few faces. II cannot tell you what it smells like for cat formula but if it is anything like dog it is not heavy. II would definately condition afterwards. Not sure dont do the kitties

Comment

I have a client that has a Maine Coon with allergies I groomed during her show career. I used original Chubbs as a degreaser, which is hypo-allergenic, scentless and supposedly tearless for the first two shampooings, then for the third shampoo I used Hypo-Plus by Groomers Edge, which is also scentless. This cat went on to make a National win in CFA that year. I just groomed her new upcoming kitten today using that same combo.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I went with the Hypo Groomer's Edge, since it's unscented and good quality -- though all of the suggestions looked to be good quality. When shipping and dilution is factored in, it came out to be slightly lower in total cost. This is my year -- hopefully the beginning of many years -- of being smart about money. Been listening to Dave Ramsey. Feeling motivated!!

Comment

Hypo-Plus seems good for me, so far, on those I suspect need it.

I don't believe there is any shampoo that is truly tearless. That is a blanket statement and I have yet to refute it. I try these shampoos on myself in the shower.

Comment

Working...
                  X