I'll take that as a compliment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll take that as a compliment

I did a house call grooming visit for 2 young cats. They basically froze into position during the bathing, and wiggled slightly during the claw trim. An easy groom for two cuties.
    When I walked in the door, their owner, a nice guy, warned me, "You have to be really savvy to groom them. The last person couldn't do it."
    I asked, "Who was the last person who tried?"
    He answered, "The son of the man who owns the Chinese laundry. He's got a cat of his own. He couldn't get the cats in the sink and said he didn't want to come back again."

The son of the man who own the Chinese laundry who has a cat of his own. Perfect.

What funny comments have you gotten about grooming?

Because you own a cat doesn't mean you know how to groom them < that son of Chinese stuff guy must thought there's no school for learn how to be a groomer, one day he will get bite or scratch so hard that he wouldn't touch his own cat again!!

Once a 70yo woman asked me if her dog's haircut was ok (she did it herself with shears) the dog was a yorkie mix I think, so flat hair without volume at all. The dog's hair was about an half inch long, and it was already growing back. You see,some hair long, some short, cut very close to the skin, clean face with shears to the nose from back of the head lol it was horrible. I didn't laugh, seriously I never know what to say when they ask my opinion on their own "work" I think I said that's ok for a amateur... Since the woman thinks she can be a groomer, she even asked how long was the studies !

Comment

My favorite are the people who bring their dogs in for nail trims and give me a million warnings about how horrible an experience I'm about to have. Most of the dogs are a little difficult but not horrible. Most parents are a bit surprised when I tell them that their Poochi was a bit squirmy but doesn't even crack the Top 20 of difficult nail trims. I think some of our owners are convinced that we groomers know black magic.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dragynwing View Post
        My favorite are the people who bring their dogs in for nail trims and give me a million warnings about how horrible an experience I'm about to have. Most of the dogs are a little difficult but not horrible. Most parents are a bit surprised when I tell them that their Poochi was a bit squirmy but doesn't even crack the Top 20 of difficult nail trims. I think some of our owners are convinced that we groomers know black magic.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
        That's right, about nails. I think none of the dogs that the owners told me nobody can touch their nails, were that bad. I trim nails on chih who bites the vet when she gets her nails done there, but she is perfect in my salon. I mean, no pulling, no fighting, just perfect!

Comment

Haha the nails thing is funny. I have a beagle that I see and the mom sats it takes three people to hold him and one to trim nails when they do it at home. He's perfect for me. Gives me his paws and is very still. She's always amazed

Comment

I Get The Nails Thing and "(S)He Hates MEN" all the time. Normally the clients most likely to tip too

Comment

Working...
            X