Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is my cat going crazy?????

hi everyone
    im owned by 13 cats,all rescued strays,i must have a neon sign over my house that only stray animals can read any ways, all my cats are cool, everyone comments on how well adjusted my kitties are, i think mostly because of being around kids,i have a shop kitty that i rescued from the pound in may,shes a maine coon mix, she just loves people,and people come to my shop just to visit her,and the more attention she gets the more she talks, constantly,i just wish i knew what she was saying,sometimes she drives me nuts, always meowing,vet said shes healthy, shes very happy, good natured feline, buy whats with the constant meowing
    trish

Some cats are extremely vocal. Especially Siamese, they meow all the time, it's just one of their traits. Then you have to look at the breeds that have been mixed with the Siamese to become the breed they are. They are also vocal. Nobody knows the origin of the Maine Coon, a bunch were found as strays in where other, than Maine. Just like the American Curl, one just showed up one day on a ladies doorstep and had kittens, all who's ears were curled backwards. (To keep that trait going they were inbred, gotta be great cats, huh... )

So whatever your kitty is mixed with she's probably got some Siamese in her so that's where all the vocalization is coming from. I used to own a Maine Coon and he never made a peep if he wasn't in the car. When I was growing up we had a Tonkinese (Siamese mix) that did nothing but talk and talk and talk. She's sit by the back door and scream until we let her out, then she' do it again when she wanted to come in. If her water was dirty, if she needed more food, if there was something on the floor, you get the idea.

It's like they are tyring to communicate but we can't understand what they are saying.
    Becky

Comment

Oh and another thing just so people don't think I'm crazy (course after I post this they will) From the time of my first cat when I was young until the last one I had to put down I've had a total of over 100 cats. My house growing up was a stray cat haven.. LOL.. People would find cats and thought that they must be one of ours because we had so many. Got the first cat when I was 3 I believe and just had to put my last one about 2 years ago. I'm 25. No my parent's weren't crazy at all.. LOL... Plus I used to rescue cats, I had quit a few from that too....
      Becky

Comment

Tape Kitty Meowing

I think you should tape kitty meowing and then play it backwards. Let us know if you hear the hidden message... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by rainingcats&dogs View Post
          hi everyone
          im owned by 13 cats,all rescued strays,i must have a neon sign over my house that only stray animals can read any ways, all my cats are cool, everyone comments on how well adjusted my kitties are, i think mostly because of being around kids,i have a shop kitty that i rescued from the pound in may,shes a maine coon mix, she just loves people,and people come to my shop just to visit her,and the more attention she gets the more she talks, constantly,i just wish i knew what she was saying,sometimes she drives me nuts, always meowing,vet said shes healthy, shes very happy, good natured feline, buy whats with the constant meowing
          trish
          She is not crazy, but if she keeps talking you will be lol. Some animals are very vocal. My am. staff is one of them. It used to be cute, but now it drives me nuts.
          If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

My dad had a Maine Coon who was also very vocal and acted more like a dog than a cat. I think it may be a breed trait?

Comment

I have a Siamese cross that is very vocal. He meows if he wants love, gets even LOUDER if he wants MORE LOVE( C'mon lady! DON'T STOP scratching my chin!), meows if he's hungry, cries if he wants to drink from the tap, meows to go outside, if he gets wet or cold from being outside he follows me around the house with a very angry wail( Why did you let me go out THERE?!). We all love him but yes, somedays we just wish he would SHUT UP!lol

Comment

I have a Siamese and he never meows. I wounder if there's something wrong with him, after reading that Siamese are very vocal. I actually never heard him meow, he purrs though.

Hmmmm

Comment

That sounds all normal to me.
                  Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

I have a Munchkin and a Maine Coon. Sid (MC) is almost 11 and in just the past 3 years he has become vocal an purry. He would never purr. But he only talks to me. He is my constant companion. He will also only sleep with me, thats when hes really vocal wantint love and attention.
                    Then Stone my Munckin only talks when hes hungry.

Cinthia

Comment

Meow!

My four cats are generally pretty quiet, but they talk to my husband all the time. He is a total cat person and he will start talking to them like they are a person and they will look at him and "talk" right back. They have quite long conversations. Now that I think about it, He talks to the cats much more than he talks to me. Hmmm...

Comment

This thread makes me feel very sane. I have 10 in the house and 3 in my shop. I don't tell anyone how many because they'll think I'm the crazy cat lady! But they're all rescued too. I swear they just show up outside and wait for me!

Nice to see other people are just as crazy as me!

Comment

Originally posted by Chicken View Post
                          This thread makes me feel very sane. I have 10 in the house and 3 in my shop. I don't tell anyone how many because they'll think I'm the crazy cat lady! But they're all rescued too. I swear they just show up outside and wait for me!

And I thought you were the crazy chicken lady lol
                          If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Uh Oh!

Originally posted by Chicken View Post

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but, When you are having to hide it, That's one of the first signs that there is a problem. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchfunbnme View Post
                              I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but, When you are having to hide it, That's one of the first signs that there is a problem. LOL!
                              I know!! I'm sick!! Do they make drugs for rescued-animal syndrome??

I now have 4 dogs, 13 cats, 18 chickens, and 1 horse - all rescues. My vet & Frontline bills are like the national war debt.

Comment

Working...
                              X