Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bite Buster arm sheaths...what are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bite Buster arm sheaths...what are they?

Hi everybody!

This is my 1st post although I've been lurking here for a few weeks learning as much as I can on cat grooming. I live on the West Coast of Florida and been grooming my 2 cats for the past 2 years. My 1st kitty is very mean LOL... although it is amazing how a 'tender hand & soft words' changed him. I can groom him no problems just like I do the youngest one.

I have a BIG love for cats just like Seleste ) and would love to turn this passion for cats into a future biz. There is only one grooming school around and they teach on cat grooming, but 90% of the course is base on dogs and at 5K (that I really cannot afford) I would prefer to find a p/t job in a grooming shop that does cats (hard to find as many do not do cats) I never shaved my cats and that is something I would really love to learn to do also.

My question is what exaclty are "Bite Buster arm sheaths" that I read on this forum and where can you buy them? I did an online search and couldn't find them.

Thank you!

Minou
    p.s. 'Minou' is the slang word for 'kitty' in French )

Bite Buster

go to bitebuster . com...

Comment

Originally posted by Minou View Post
      My question is what exaclty are "Bite Buster arm sheaths" that I read on this forum and where can you buy them? I did an online search and couldn't find them.
      I've only seen them in the old shop that I worked it. It is a heavy duty glove that goes up to about the elbow. I have never used one. To me it looks like there is no way to control cat or dog with that being on your hand. But like I said, I've never used one. Don't know where you would get one other than maybe Petedge, or Ryans.
      "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
      Diane

Comment

Pixie

It is not a glove.

The fingers and s are exposed so you may use them freely.

The sheath covers the forearms and the soft tissue between and index finger.

Jason

Comment

Thanks! now I know what they look like ) Doesn't look very comfy although great to save from kitty scraches.

Comment

Originally posted by jaeinn View Post
            It is not a glove.

The fingers and s are exposed so you may use them freely.

The sheath covers the forearms and the soft tissue between and index finger.

Jason
            Thanks for setting me straight on that. I learn something new all the time.
            "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
            Diane

Comment

not that bad...

Actually once you break them in, you barely know you have them on.

Jason

Comment

When I first read this, I pictured a bite glove with the fingers cut out..lol..
                Now why would we need something like this to groom sweet little innocent kitties..LOL

Comment

I ordered a pair - actually the combo set - because I also volunteer at the SPCA and dying to cut those poor little kitties claws. I wouldn't try it without some protection.

Is anyone using the combo or using only the sleeves? I wonder how must protection the gloves actually gives compare to just wearing the sleeves.

Comment

I've worked in Animal Control for years prior to becoming a groomer. I know bite gloves work. A feral cat can bite, and all it does is pinch you. It does hurt, but never breaks the skin. I wouldn't try the sleeve for clipping claws at a shelter, as the cats are more stressed than normal.

Comment

Working...
                    X