statistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• statistics

ok i really want to take this cat grooming course and i just found out that the Gov is offereing grants to businesses to further thier education if it would help expand and create more jobs for thier business. I own a pet store and i am currently the dog groomer in it. So to ad Cat grooming would be bonus because i refuse cats everyweek.
    Anyway i need some good Statistics that i can use in my plan. Can anyone fill me in and tell me where they got that information.
    Thanks
    Kari-Ann

I'll admit to being ignorant of the finer details of the Government's criteria...but one thing did occur to me in reading your post.

If the desired bottom line of the Gov's grant plan is to truly create more jobs...I suspect you'll have a hard time qualifying unless you can somehow show that you plan to create a job for a cat groomer...but then they might likely want to see that YOU were financing someone else through cat grooming school.
    It sounds to me like you want to further your education to be able to increase the income you generate (and believe me...NOTHING wrong w/ that at all...it's ambitious and admirable.) but unless you can put a spin on it that shows you are creating a job for someone else...I'm not sure how valid the screeners will feel your application is. Just my observation,....not trying to be a DebbyDowner.
    Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

i never thought of it that way I was excited but now a little discouraged..ohwell doesn't hurt to try regadless i still want to do the course.

Comment

K9, If you can figure out a way to make that work, please share the idea, I'd like to go to cat school also, but it just is not possible for us right now.

sittingpretty

Comment

I was still thinking about this after I posted.
          I know if it were me (and I'm self-employed) and I wanted to do something like that.....I bet my accountant could find a way to write it off as Continuing Education or something.
          As far as lining up the initial tuition...maybe check out a small loan or a HELOC if you are a homeowner, and you could deduct the interest as well? Just something to think about as far as options...but I'm a huge believer in accountants too. Can't groom kitties in the Tax Jail, lol!
          Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

what sort of stats are you looking for specifically? I can probably provide them for you.

Also, we do have some financing options for the June 14th session at the National Cat Groomers School. Perhaps that will help you out. Email or call the office for details. It is interest-free.

Comment

Working...
            X