Safety Claw Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety Claw Caps

A neighbor of my regular has 4 cats. She said something about claw covers & I quoted her a price per cat. She said her cats chew off the covers. How would you charge to replace the covers? I can do it in my mobile unit.
    "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
    People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

I have a regular with 3 cats that are done every month, including applying Soft Paws. We charge $10 per cat for the nail caps. Also, that ****** super glue that comes with it? Ditch it in favor of Sally Hansen's Nail Glue. It's cheaper, easier to apply, less messy, and doesn't burn.

One more thing....every third month or so, the caps are all removed to allow the claws to "breathe". I don't know if there's any veracity to this, but it holds a kind of logic to it. Anyone else wanna chime in on letting the nails "take a break", or do you just keep them on year-round?
    Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
    George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

But if the cats chew off the caps how much do you charge to replace them? I charged her [email protected] & she jumped on it so I'm taking it.
      "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous

Comment

for replacements in between I charged $ per cap and $/min. I also told them that unless they chewed them off w/i the first week, to not bother replacing them individually, as they would be getting new ones every month

Comment

Originally posted by pinkgroomer View Post
          for replacements in between I charged $ per cap and $/min. I also told them that unless they chewed them off w/i the first week, to not bother replacing them individually, as they would be getting new ones every month

What I can't figure out is what percent of the total fee to charge per individual nail replacement. 10%?

Comment

Take your original price and divide by 18?
            Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
            George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Originally posted by Smart-n-Pretty View Post
              What I can't figure out is what percent of the total fee to charge per individual nail replacement. 10%?
              yes that is what I charged, 10% of the total cost for the whole thing per nail, you explained it way easier than I did

Comment

this may be stupid....

I thought you put the caps only on the front nails. I havent done any yet, but I do want to add them. also, I have a polydactile cat, her extra toes always seem to be an issue. they grow really thick and she acts like they are painful. should I cap them?

Comment

Working...
                X