Best Clippers for Kitties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Clippers for Kitties

Has anyone ever used the Switchblade or Bravura on Kitties.

I had asked Danelle which clippers were best as I usual use my Andis and she said these were the worst clippers to go through kitty hair.

Just thought I'd share that advice.

Bravuras by far and away!!!
    Bulldogs are adorable, with faces like toads that have been sat on.

Comment

I LOVE my Bravura for kitties. It is so quiet and easy to maneuver. I'm not a big fan of my Switchblade.
      "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Just got a bravura and it has saved so much time on kitty grooms. It really is astonishing. I'd HATE to have to go back to my andis.

Comment

Andis AGC's is all I got. Now you guys have got me wondering what I'm missing out on...
          Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
          George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

I only use my Bravura on kitties. They are so quiet & easy to use

Comment

I don't know about Andis not being great on kitties. We've been using them on kitties for as long as I can remember.
              Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Hmmmmm.....I only have Andis and therefore that is what I use on kitties...now I am wondering what I am missing!

Comment

clippers

I used Andis on many cats until I fatally dropped it. It was fine but a bit slow. I replaced it with a Switchblade which was noisy but at higher speed really gets through those felted pelts. I really like it. I also got a Bravura, finishing blade version, with is quiet & cordless. It handles well, cuts smooth, but is a little slow, so I use it for the final clip. Another groomer was sent a rough blade when getting a replacement & it's reported that's a bit faster but not as smooth.

The biggest problem is how quickly blades heat on both (probably all) clippers.

Also have a KM2 but it's attached to my Taxi Vac & I just haven't gotten the hang of using that contraption. Besides, you can't shave with a vacuum system.

Comment

I use Andis clippers for my everyday clippers...they work great. I had always used them on cats, I would usually use a #10, or I'd do a #7F reverse on all my kitties. I was always fairly happy with the result. Then I recently bought a Geib Excello trimmer...and oh my gosh. I can't believe what I've been missing out on all this time. Trimmers are so much better for kitties. I guess it's the way the teeth are on the blade or something, but they just glide through the hair. On Fri I had 3 kitties, 2 of which were completely pelted and my Geibs just plowed through like it was nothing. If I had been using my Andis is would have taken forever.
                    Actually today I was shaving a chow mix with some THICK THICK hair. I shaved it in a #10, but there were some spots where the hair was so thick the 10 blade just wasn't getting it off. So I figured I'd give my trimmers a try...and sure enough they plowed through like butter.
                    Everybody has their own preference on which trimmer works better for them...but I think in general trimmers are wonderful for cats.

Comment

10 reverse with Bravura

At APF, Danelle (sp?) shaved a kitty with a Wahl Bravura, 10 in reverse. Blade didn't get hot. Saw it for myself; and I did, have to SEE it to BELIEVE it!!

Comment

I use my Speed Feeds when doing a short clip on a cat. I have used all sorts of clippers on cats, Andis, Switchblade, Laube, Conair and I prefer my Andis when doing a longer hair cut on a cat. Everyone is going to have a different opinion on clippers, but when I do my comb clips on cats I always pull out my Andis. I'm not really thrilled with how the speed feed works on cats with the combs, it just doesn't catch the fur right for me. I do plenty of plush cuts on cats and they come out really cute.
                        What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Originally posted by Smallpaws View Post
                          At APF, Danelle (sp?) shaved a kitty with a Wahl Bravura, 10 in reverse. Blade didn't get hot. Saw it for myself; and I did, have to SEE it to BELIEVE it!!
                          She used a Wahl competition series, black blade.
                          "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                          People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

I use my arco's and my switchblades. I love both.

Comment

Smart and Smallpaws,
                              glad to see that at least 2 people were paying attention in class.

Comment

Working...
                              X