Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In case you wanted to know, He!! is freezing over!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In case you wanted to know, He!! is freezing over!!

Yep, I said it, you know when its freezing over when I groom a cat. He is a humane society cat, and probably the worst case of matting I have ever seen on a kitty. Will post pics later

Well no pics yet, but I had to groom the cat with a 30/40 from checks to lion tail. Very nice kitty. Unfortunately I nicked him, which I feel horrible about. Such a nice kitty we got through everything, and then I realized he had nails-so he can keep them. The poor kitty was in a cast of his own fur from head to tail

Comment

My groomer does cats occasionally and she did one yesterday that sounds like yours! Sooooo matted, used a 30 around the neck and down the back but couldn't get him to behave to do the rest.. had three people to hold and it wasn't happening, sent him to the vet to finish. Looked like someone sprinkled pepper all over him the flea dirt was so bad!! He was a rescue and has been living with this woman for the past year, he's very wild!

Comment

Hell has froze over for me too....cat coming in tomorrow
        ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
        Apparently common sense isn't all that common
        *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

Isn’t that just nutz, 30 blade cats at multiple groomers, and Moonie grooming a cat tomorrow!! Yep this poor kitty had probably a pound of poo stuck to his rear. I had to take my arco at the 40 setting and literally shave in a circle in all directions around the matting to get it off. I had to take pinking shears to trim off large sections of pelt (because no other shear would go through, and one my hubby had to get one because I simply did not have the hand strength), and then start clipping again. You guys know me, I don’t use my wahl for anything but faces and feet on poodles. So it really froze over today for my to have to use them on a kitty. Tomorrow I will try to smooth him the best possible with a 10 or 15, but I don’t know. Pretty much the entire cat was prepped with a 30 or 40. What a nice kitty though. I love that the humane society up here lets me keep matted rescues overnight, it makes it so much easier on them. I have one matt that is larger in both length and circumference than a guinea pig, and does not collapse when you squeeze it. I have a gallon zip lock filled with only four matts.
          Last edited by scullysmom; 02-05-10, 05:02 PM. Reason: missing words

Comment

Y'all had best stock up on Mike's Thingeys.
            "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
            People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

well here are some before pics. The 8 inch long and 3 1/2 inch tall matt came from his back quarters. The bag is full of three others only slightly smaller.
              Attached Files

Comment

one more
                Attached Files

Comment

forgot the zip lock
                  Attached Files

Comment

Poor kitty. You are a hero for taking that on and helping him. My daughter has a long hair tabby that looks exactly like that fellow,and she brushes him all the time,we had to shave out some matting when she first adopted him as an adult,but nothing like that. Why the he## don't people just get one of the thousands of short hair cats that need homes if they are too lazy to pick up a brush! Jax LOVES being brushed,it is an easy job.
                    "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
                    Quote:Cath

Comment

Originally posted by Poodleluv View Post
                      Poor kitty.. Why the he## don't people just get one of the thousands of short hair cats that need homes if they are too lazy to pick up a brush! Jax LOVES being brushed,it is an easy job.
                      I know, isn't it just so horrible. He was such a good guy I seriously didn't have to trim nails-crazy nice cat!! Here is a pic done, I know he is not 100% perfect, but darn good for crazy tangled!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Mine cancelled

HAPPY DANCE!!!
                        ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
                        Apparently common sense isn't all that common
                        *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

Looks like he feels tons better. I love his coloring under there

Comment

Wow good job, can't believe those matts!! So happy for the little kitty!

We once had a cat in that had a matt on its back, and only on its back, right in the middle that was about 2 inches thick, 3 inches high, 4 inches long... it was weird!

Comment

Poor kitty. I'm sure he feels much better. It's like a turtle shell, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                              X